Denial ain't just a river in Egypt... (Read 997 times)

I will share my weight loss story. I was approaching 200 lbs when I decided enough was enough; I made the following very simple changes. - Every night I was eating a large bowl of ice cream. I replaced that with a small serving of low-fat yogurt. - I would drink 1-2 cans of coke each day. I replaced that with water. I also stopped drinking juice at home; (well sort of; I dilute it with 1/2 water; it actually tastes better go figure) - I would probably go to McDonalds once per week for lunch; I haven't been in 3 years now. - I started running / exercising; started slow; but now I do about 7 hours of activity per week. My weight has dropped to a more normal level of 170 lbs now. I am probably carying an extra 5 lbs but its not serious. Eat Less - Move More; it works!

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

Eat Less - Move More; it works!
      in a nutshell Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

People don't want to believe that the ONLY WAY to lose weight (and keep it off) is to eat healthy and exercise. There really is not any other way. Anything worth having is hard --- doesn't anyone believe that anymore?
        It's the cheapest and healthiest way, too. It may not be the quickest, but slow and steady wins the race. Instant gratification rarely leads to permanent weight loss. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I get a kick out of seeing people I haven't seen in a while and getting the inevitable question, "So! How'd you do it?!" I started exercising more and watch what I eat. I swear you can SEE the instant disappointment and disinterest come over their face because I didn't give a magic bullet. Roll eyes
          "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I get a kick out of seeing people I haven't seen in a while and getting the inevitable question, "So! How'd you do it?!" I started exercising more and watch what I eat. I swear you can SEE the instant disappointment and disinterest come over their face because I didn't give a magic bullet. Roll eyes
            Word. Seriously, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. People almost seem angry when I tell them this... Really, if there were some easy, no-fail, cheap, permanent solution would there be so many overweight people? I know I would already have been at my goal weight years ago if it were easy. This last 15#s is the biggest bitch ever. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay