Garmin Forerunner 35 vibration alert too weak (Read 36 times)

der_lizzard

I just used my new watch for the first time and was disappointed by how weak the vibration alert is. I guess in the summer when I'm wearing it on the skin it should be ok, but in the winter I'll be wearing it over jackets and gloves and there is no way I'll feel it then. Is this just a "feature" of this model or do you think I got a defective one? My old watch is the TomTom Multisport and the vibration alert is very robust.

CalBears

I just used my new watch for the first time and was disappointed by how weak the vibration alert is. I guess in the summer when I'm wearing it on the skin it should be ok, but in the winter I'll be wearing it over jackets and gloves and there is no way I'll feel it then. Is this just a "feature" of this model or do you think I got a defective one? My old watch is the TomTom Multisport and the vibration alert is very robust.

Easy fix - do not wear it over jackets and gloves...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

I can still feel the vibration over my wrist when I wear a sweatshirt or long sleeved running top for Garmin 920xt. I wonder if the different garmin models have different vibration powers? It is annoying when the vibration stops working. This happened on one of my old garmin watches. I was able to reset it a few times and finally it went kaput. Maybe try resetting the watch or checking the garmin message boards to see if anyone has insight.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

I've had an FR35 for quite a while now and the vibration alert has never been "robust", even right out of the box. Sometimes I notice it, lots of times I don't, and that's in direct contact with my wrist. There's no way I'd feel it if I wore it over clothing. I tend to glance at it probably far more often than I need to anyway so it's never seemed like a big problem.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My Garmin Vivoactive 3 is also not what I'd call robust about vibrating, but most often I miss its signals due to the distraction factor. If I'm talking to someone or really focused on something, like not getting hit by a car, the vibration is not noticed.