Better mobile device support (Read 1285 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I made some layout changes to provide better support for smart phones.  There are some minor visual site wide changes but they do not affect how you use the site.  Most of the changes are only observable on your phone.  The forums are streamlined so you only need to scroll vertically.  The training log is not mobile friendly yet.  Due to its complexity, I will need to figure out how it should look in mobile mode first.

eric :-)

The Thunder

Nice work Eric!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does this still work in mobile view:

Support RunningAHEAD.com
        Support RunningAHEAD.com!

Eric, it looks great from my mobile but I cannot post.  If I hit the reply button it appears to briefly bring up a text box that I can type in but that quickly refreshes and then the fancy editor pops up and I can't type in that at all.  That is from an htc eris running android 2.1, in case that matters.

(Not that it's critical that I post on RA from my phone, but hey.)

Runners run

Interesting.  The fancy browser should not appear.  I'll look into it.

Did you change something? (Posted from my mobile.)

Runners run

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Thanks from my iPhone

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Lazy idiot

Interesting.  The fancy browser should not appear.  I'll look into it.

I don't get the fancy browser, everything looks great. Time to donate.

Tick tock

Did you change something? (Posted from my mobile.)

yes

Outside Lane

Yea! I'm lovin it. Thanks EricSmile

See how they run...

sethf11

Works and looks great on my iPhone as well as my HTC Hero.

The shirtless wonder

It works well on my Android phone.  I have to do a little side-to-side scrolling but it's a great improvement.

an amazing likeness

As expected, since Safari on iPhone is ok -- iPad is working fine now.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Lazy idiot

It works well on my Android phone.  I have to do a little side-to-side scrolling but it's a great improvement.

I did, too.  But I started using the Dolphin HD browser, which has pinch zoom, so it's a quick fix, now.

Tick tock

bhearn

One downside of this change is that I can no longer zoom in on my iPhone. Sad