Donations. (Read 1396 times)

Please excuse me if this is an old topic but I've looked around and haven't found any info. I see a Paypal link to donate to the site and I definitely wish to support it. It's a valuable asset to me as I've had years of training data lost a couple times due to hard drive failures. By having an online log as provided here, I feel like my data is safer. I also use a PC based log and back up data often. Anyway, for those of you who support, do you have a regular annual or monthly amount you contribute?

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I contribute a few times per year, usually on the order of ~ $10-15/month overall.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I contribute a few times per year, usually on the order of ~ $10-15/month overall.
        Ditto. Even then RA is a bargain for what some of us get out of it. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

OK you guys shamed me into sending some more. RA is money well spent!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

For good karma, I'm going to paypal $26.20 before I run the Baystate Marathon in October. The information and inspiration on this site is priceless.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For good karma, I'm going to paypal $26.20 before I run the Baystate Marathon in October. The information and inspiration on this site is priceless.
              Ooh, I love that idea...guess what I will do before my own Oct. 'thon...? Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Big grin Great idea dog.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Old, Slow, Happy

I have been on here less than a year. It's my intention to do about $25 3-4 times per year. I don't care if Eric is getting rich Wink, it's worth it. Thanks again, Eric. You're performing a real service for a whole segment of demented people!!
                  eric :)

I have been on here less than a year. It's my intention to do about $25 3-4 times per year. I don't care if Eric is getting rich Wink, it's worth it. Thanks again, Eric. You're performing a real service for a whole segment of demented people!!
                    Thank you to everyone that have donated generously. When RA first went live, it didn't cost much to operate. This cost increased proportionally to the number of users on the site and if it wasn't for everyone's generosity, I wouldn't be able to keep it ad free. Maybe some day I will be rich. For now, I'm just happy that the donations cover most of the operational cost. Big Richard: you should wait until I roll out the new log. I talked about it for a while now and I feel bad that it's taking so long. It is quite a complex task with features that you won't find anywhere else. It's nearing completion. I still got a dozen or so pages to upgrade but all the hard tasks are done and I'm quite relieved. I'm doing my best to get it done as soon as possible. eric :-)
                    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Made a donation.I could not remember when I made my last donation. Now I plan on making a donation once a year.Probably in Jan. or on my birthday. Someone doing this much work for free should be supported.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah, I'm a Christmas donation kind of gal... Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

Half Fanatic #846

I was long overdue to make another donation, so I added a little extra this time. Even so, it's still like this site is practically free Big grin, not to mention it's the absolute best! Cool Thankyou Eric! Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!