Woman ran BQ by accident (Read 191 times)

joescott

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

HermosaBoy

Would she technically speaking be a DNF for the half (or someone who ran the course very poorly) and a bandit for the full?

I guess they let her switch races while they were in progress?  Confused

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Talk about burying the lead. Oh, by the way, she won.

Runners run

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Oh yeah, happens to me all the time.

montag

Super Pro Lurker

Would she technically speaking be a DNF for the half (or someone who ran the course very poorly) and a bandit for the full?

I guess they let her switch races while they were in progress?  Confused

The official who was biking with her went off and asked the RD if she could switch to the marathon, and he OK'd it while she was running. I lol'd. 

jfa

The real bright side is now she doesn't have to run in Detroit.

xhristopher

If I'm having a good day at the Baystate half next month I should employ this strategy.

If I'm having a good day at the Baystate half next month I should employ this strategy.

You'd have to do it before the Rourke Bridge--that's kind of early to know if you're having a good day.

Runners run

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

There were 75 women registered in the marathon so it's far from a big race.

The interesting part as someone who ran this race commented, was that the RD wasn't allowing others weeks before leading up to the race to transfer to the longer distance....yet he allowed this.

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

xhristopher

You'd have to do it before the Rourke Bridge--that's kind of early to know if you're having a good day.

Ah, good point. Apparently I'm not thinking much about the route, kinda don't need to. I remember that turn was well marked so I won't be missing it. I should register soon.

The outrage!

311 is pretty respectable, regardless of the number of people running.

There were 75 women registered in the marathon so it's far from a big race.

The interesting part as someone who ran this race commented, was that the RD wasn't allowing others weeks before leading up to the race to transfer to the longer distance....yet he allowed this.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land