Texas Independence Relay? (Read 458 times)

Burninated Peasant

I just ran across this race's site today, and it sounds intriguing - a 40-leg, 200-mile relay for teams of 8-12 people. For you crazy ultra people, the "Race Updates" page makes it sound like they're willing to consider smaller teams as well. Has anyone heard of this before or done something similar? The site is a little light on details for those of us unfamiliar with relays, so I'm curious how the actual implementation works.
      They've been talking about it on the DRC forums a bit, but no details of the kind you would want.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

db7

check out wildwestrelay.com DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Yeah, I'm doing the Wasatch Relay next weekend--a 175-mile, 12 person relay from Logan Utah to Park City Utah.
          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Dog-Love

I think relays are becoming a lot more popular as the sport of running becomes more of a social experience. I have run the Klondike road relay (10 legs) which starts at 7,8,9,or10 pm and ends the following day at around noon in the Yukon. Very beautiful very scenic and the running joke is that you run with enough energy so that everyone can take part in the 11 leg which is the late night dance.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Where is the Lite version? Lite being a relay of this length split over 33-40 people.

Vim