Heart Rate Monitors with Alerts (Read 35 times)

jebrown325

I am looking for a heart rate monitor that gives a notification (chime or vibrate) when I go above a set number of beats per minute.  I am new to running so my heart rate goes up pretty fast during runs.  I would like a monitor that I can set to alert me anytime my heart rate goes above 150 bpm.  Anyone know any monitors they would suggest that do this?  Thanks!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just was looking at ones to be worn on the arm and saw that one of the cheap Chinese ones on Amazon does this.I currently have a Scosche one that's similar, but doesn't buzz.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

John Wood

I think you can set any garmin watch to use alerts, which could be max heart rate.

jebrown325

Thanks Zoom-Zoom.  I'll check it out.

jebrown325

I think you can set any garmin watch to use alerts, which could be max heart rate.

Thanks for the tip.  I checked out their website and it looks like they can.  I sent in a question to their customer service to confirm.

Wingz

Professional Noob

While you're waiting for your HRM to arrive, you can get a rough idea of when you're doing too much by doing the "talk test".  That's just if you could comfortably carry on a conversation (full sentences without gasping, but not able to sing an opera) then you're fairly close to a good training zone.

Have fun!

Roads were made for journeys...