Heel or forefoot strike better? get angry...NOW! (Read 212 times)

GC100k

. For any animal, having claws that retract and extend requires muscles to do so. Not needing the muscles saves weight, which in the cheetah is applied to increased speed.

Cheetahs have semi-retractable claws and do have the muscles there.

GC100k

Cats use the heel strike to maximize stride length and utilizing tendon elasticity.

As someone showed earlier, cats do not heel strike. Their heels do not come anywhere near the ground when walking or running.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How efficiently you run is determined even before you take your first step as a child.

Now here's a good point.  Whether you have the DNA of a cheetah, ostrich, turtle, horse, or human makes quite a difference.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Now here's a good point.  Whether you have the DNA of a cheetah, ostrich, turtle, horse, or human makes quite a difference.

Could talk to the effects of gene therapy to overcome being born human rather than ostrich?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Could talk to the effects of gene therapy to overcome being born human rather than ostrich?

Are there any restrictions on this in USADA/WADA/nameyourorg rules?

Mr MattM

Patience, my friends.  While there is an obvious dearth of ostrich DNA in the human genome... there is nothing that science cannot overcome!

Introducing, the Psymbiote!

http://www.psymbiote.org/conceptlegs.html

be curious; not judgmental

catwhoorg

Labrat

Are there any restrictions on this in USADA/WADA/nameyourorg rules?

Section M3 Gene Doping:

The following, with the potential to enhance sport performance, are prohibited:

1. The use of polymers of nucleic acids or nucleic acid analogues.

2. The use of gene editing agents designed to alter genome sequences and/or the transcriptional or epigenetic regulation of gene expression.

3. The use of normal or genetically modified cells

Though I must admit the first clause of section M3.3 has me a little confused...

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Section M3 Gene Doping:

The following, with the potential to enhance sport performance, are prohibited:

1. The use of polymers of nucleic acids or nucleic acid analogues.

2. The use of gene editing agents designed to alter genome sequences and/or the transcriptional or epigenetic regulation of gene expression.

3. The use of normal or genetically modified cells

Though I must admit the first clause of section M3.3 has me a little confused...

Oh man, I've been using normal cells all this time!  I think.

npaden

The comparison of a cat's trackways in contrast to a dog for example is how much of the metacarpal pad of felines are much larger than a canine's.

Related image

In contrast to the canine

Image result for dog paw images

It clearly shows the difference in load bearing between the two species. Dogs, horses, and humans overstride. Cats don't. Cats are faster...

I think you have those tracks flipped.  Dogs ALWAYS have claw marks.  Cats usually don’t.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Patience, my friends.  While there is an obvious dearth of ostrich DNA in the human genome... there is nothing that science cannot overcome!

Introducing, the Psymbiote!

http://www.psymbiote.org/conceptlegs.html

Welp, I know what I'm going as for Halloween!

What, specifically, am I supposed to get angry about?

Do you need a reason?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

rlopez

Yeah, have you ever seen Mark Ruffalo try to make himself mad? It never works out.

It's too hard to get mad at Captain Dipshit anyway.

Bizzaro world.

When identifying animal tracks in the wild, a canid has claws showing, a feline doesn't; a quick and easy way to tell the difference between a coyote and a mountain lion, or bobcat. Yet the jester reverses this for his scientifical guesses. Since this is such an obviously incorrect assessment, we can discern from it that it WAS written by the jester, and not copied and pasted by an impostor.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying