pacing question (Read 839 times)

If you're a noob and building up your mileage, I might agree. If you've been running for a while and have adjusted to the higher mileage, then I disagree.
    The OP is a noob and building up her mileage, hence my recommendation. I am always amazed at how many offer advice based on their own level of conditioning rather than the level of the inquiring runner. A seasoned runner can definitely run faster paces, just like a seasoned runner can run 6 or 7 days a week, but that's not appropriate for a new runner, especially one with only 3 weeks of running under their belt. Tom
    vengeancewins

At this point all you should be doing is running a pace that is comfortable to you. Eventually your paces will drop as you run more and you will begin to learn what pace is best for you.

Prince of Fatness

The OP is a noob and building up her mileage, hence my recommendation. I am always amazed at how many offer advice based on their own level of conditioning rather than the level of the inquiring runner. A seasoned runner can definitely run faster paces, just like a seasoned runner can run 6 or 7 days a week, but that's not appropriate for a new runner, especially one with only 3 weeks of running under their belt. Tom
        Huh? We all offer advice based on our own experiences. Let's look at this again. Where do I disagree with you, taking into consideration the OP's experience level?
        If you're a noob and building up your mileage, I might agree. If you've been running for a while and have adjusted to the higher mileage, then I disagree.
        Then I went on to talk about running easy...
        I like the talk test that Ennay mentioned. That's how I do it. Unscientific for sure, but it works great for me.
        Mountain out a molehill????

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

Scout - can you explain how to condition your body to use fat over glycogen regardless of distance run? I thought this took time and miles?
          It's a matter of intensity, not distance. You run easier, you burn more fat than glycogen. You run harder, it starts to change to the opposite. Time and miles comes into play in terms of becoming more efficient/economical.