Will it hurt me to do a race next month (Read 742 times)

Double IPA Please!

I am pretty sure that there are a few 5K's to choose from, I just haven't figured out the when and where yet. It will probably be spur of the moment. I ran South Mountain last year and really liked it. It's not a PR course, but I had fun running it. I have heard of the Fool's Run and am seriously considering it as a tune up for the Lehigh Valley Half next April. There's also the Christmas City Classic 5 miler in December. I will probably run that one.
    Im gonna do the Lehigh Valley Half-I missed the deadline this past year- which Im glad actually, I was not ready for that yet. Might possibly do the 5 miler in December. Reading has a Shiver By the River Series as well they hold once a month from December on to Spring. I believe its a 5k as well as a 10k- run by the Pagoda Pacers. Fools Run would be a good tune -up- some decent hills. It's right in my back yard- literally. I walk to the start line Big grin

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Double IPA Please!

If you run it, you are a dumbass. If you don't run it, you are a dumbass. Whatever you do, don't run 3.5 miles the day before.
      shutthehellupyou. Before I come find you and hurt you. mta- wait..you don't think that hurt me do you? nevermind- shut up.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

shutthehellupyou. Before I come find you and hurt you.
        A promise? Dumas.
        xor

A promise? Dumas.
          Dumas fils or Dumas pere?

It's the Womens 5K Classic (In Allentown)- but the main race is a 5 miler. It was either that or Stoudt's Brewing Distance Classic 12K in Adamstown- you get a certificate for a free Beer as well Clowning around and I love me some Stoudts so it was tough choice.
            HEY close to my neck of the woods which means YOU HAVE TO DO IT! When is it???

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Im gonna do the Lehigh Valley Half-I missed the deadline this past year- which Im glad actually, I was not ready for that yet. Might possibly do the 5 miler in December. Reading has a Shiver By the River Series as well they hold once a month from December on to Spring. I believe its a 5k as well as a 10k- run by the Pagoda Pacers. Fools Run would be a good tune -up- some decent hills. It's right in my back yard- literally. I walk to the start line Big grin
              You'll LOVE Lehigh Half!!! I've done it the past 3 years and will be doing it every year (that I can). I'm also thinking of doing SHiver b the River that is if I'm still alive after The Monkey

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Double IPA Please!

You'll LOVE Lehigh Half!!! I've done it the past 3 years and will be doing it every year (that I can). I'm also thinking of doing SHiver b the River that is if I'm still alive after The Monkey
                Let me know if you do the Shiver Series- I'd be willing to do them as well! The Womens Classic is October 18th. Do you know when Registration opens for the LVH?

Prince of Fatness

Im gonna do the Lehigh Valley Half-I missed the deadline this past year- which Im glad actually, I was not ready for that yet.
                  Definitely register early. It's been filling up earlier every year. I usually just enter right when it opens, as it is cheaper then, too. I am pretty sure it opens in November. You'll definitely like it .... it's one of my favorite races. I've run it the last 5 years. MTA: I double checked and I registered in early October last year ..... soon.

Not at it at all. 

Double IPA Please!

A promise? Dumas.
                    ¿Sé que usted es pero cuáles son yo? Sí, una promesa

Double IPA Please!

Definitely register early. It's been filling up earlier every year. I usually just enter right when it opens, as it is cheaper then, too. I am pretty sure it opens in November. You'll definitely like it .... it's one of my favorite races. I've run it the last 5 years.
                      I have the page bookmarked- thanks!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

¿Sé que usted es pero cuáles son yo? Sí, una promesa
                        ssɐqɯnp

Double IPA Please!

ssɐqɯnp
                          ɥnɥɥnɥɥnp pɹoʍǝuɐɹoɟǝɯıʇ