The Sweet Jacket (Read 1362 times)

xor

You would think that with the cost of the jacket, the RD couldn't afford to keep buying more rocks to put out on the course.

When I lived in Helotes (suburb of San Antonio on... wait for it... Bandera Rd), I decided to landscape.  Yeah.  I had to buy this giant iron pole to slam into the ground and try to break up the rocks.  I felt like I was busting rocks with Woody Allen in Take the Money and Run.  (yes, I did sing the song over and over again.)

Not now, but I did then.  The best thing about that place was the availability of races....always something happening...great place to be a runner!

Even more this year.  They just added two new races this year.  The Sactown 10-miler in April that starts and ends at the Capitol and the Lucky 7 7K or 7 miler in March.  There seems to be 3-5 races around here each month.  Definitely a great place to be a runner.  When not in races, you get to run around the American River Parkway.

Kalsarikännit

seems I heard there was a mind-numbing amount of rocks on that trail

Yes.  Big grin

I have flown into Sacramento to do a few runs around Tahoe.  Getting to run and hike in the Sierra has got to be a high point of living there.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They put your time on the sleeve of the Leadville sweatshirt.

Logistically, how do they do this?  Do people wait around after the race for the shirts to get printed?  Do they mail the shirts?

Kalsarikännit

Logistically, how do they do this?  Do people wait around after the race for the shirts to get printed?  Do they mail the shirts?

They have the rest of the sweatshirt ready, then they put it on right then and there at the awards ceremony.  Then they make the runners that have been awake for 34 hours sit in the room while the CEO of Lifetime Fitness yammers on endlessly.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I find this very interesting, so please forgive my questions.  How exactly do they put the numbers on right there?  Do they have a screen or some other shirt printing device right there?

Kalsarikännit

I find this very interesting, so please forgive my questions.  How exactly do they put the numbers on right there?  Do they have a screen or some other shirt printing device right there?

Sorry.  I forget.  All I know is that you gave them your name and five minutes later they were yelling that your sweatshirt is ready. I wasn't paying attention.   I was busy trying to figure out how to get A1 to go out and drink after 100 miles and a day and a half without sleep.

Please don't even think about putting times on Monkey shirts. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mine is my 2010 Twin Cities long-sleeve tech shirt.  Not that the shirt is especially awesome -- although it is nice.  But that was my second marathon ever and first since the 80s, I trained about as much as I could've without driving myself to illness/injury, and I ran a tactically good race.  Nice reminder.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

keeponrunning

I know the one time I got a certificate thingy for winning my AG at a local race, I was mad because they put my time on it, but I had missed my goal by 13sec so I didn't need that reminder Tongue

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Roll eyes  Sure.  Except for one minor detail.  You are the only person I have ever met that even I (an uber-lightweight) could out drink.

late to the party, but Big grin

I got tipsy off a glass of Riesling last week. Good times.

Former runner

Based on what I've seen at trade shows, it's probably a digital printer like this. These Brother printers are small enough you could bring it on site and print the shirts or sleeves on demand.

Ross

xor

Disney had some kind of procedure to print up customized finisher shirts in the finisher area this year.  It was in the back of a semi-trailer.  Wish I could give you details, but I was too busy being grumpy Grumpy.

Purdey

Self anointed title

You are a bad influence.  Leadville should be fun.  You two and that dirty old shit, Purdey.  God help me.

This "dirty old shit" will not need much persuading to grab a beer or 12 after PbVille.

MrH

At large youth track meets they have a setup which is like a big hot iron ... a press which applies the preprinted thermal transfers you select and puts them on the garment of choice. It's used to put participant lists, placings, times, medals or anything else on t-shirts, sweatshirts etc

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.