This gadget will make the Garmin Forerunner seem like a commodore 64! (Read 1271 times)

Fool

When they make one that shoots laser beams, all of my childhood dreams for technology will be realized. We live in interesting times.
      Pretty clunky looking to me....DeadDead I think i would just as soon carry my laptop with my wireless internet connection -- maybe I could update my facebook page while I was running......(take pictures during a race an upload them on face book so my friends could monitor my progress).... My $.02 is that this device is just entirely too much technology for an activity that is really low tech........but that's just me.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

I think I'd rather have this: I could strap it to my back and grab it whenever something strikes me as interesting. I could update that weird things on the ground thread in real-time. That would be cool.
        Nah... no one will ever do something as inane as that. Oh wait.... http://twitter.com http://twitpic.com http://brightkite.com

who knows...

Pretty clunky looking to me....DeadDead I think i would just as soon carry my laptop with my wireless internet connection -- maybe I could update my facebook page while I was running......(take pictures during a race an upload them on face book so my friends could monitor my progress).... My $.02 is that this device is just entirely too much technology for an activity that is really low tech........but that's just me.....
          I've actually played around with having a crew member (OK, significant other) update my facebook page with pictures and text posts via a Blackberry--such posts are limited to the perspective of the crew member. Of course, I doubt I would ever do it myself...don't know if I would have the patience. The posts end up reading like box scores in baseball.
          "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin

Beware, batbear...

A Thneed's a Fine-Something-That-All-People-Need! It's a shirt. It's a sock. It's a glove. It's a hat. But it has OTHER uses. Yes, far beyond that. You can use it for carpets. For pillows! For sheets! Or curtains! Or covers for bicycle seats!
            And I thought you just did Poe...

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Feeling the growl again

No, you can't. Unless the ultra is run entirely within a LAN.
              3G........ May not work for Leadville or Western States, but it'd cover some of them... ETA: Nope, guess not 3G capable. What a piece of junk... Big grin Really, why make a "powerful" wearable computer that can't connect to 3G???

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

wyerock

No, you can't. Unless the ultra is run entirely within a LAN.
                I would obviously have Bluetooth tethering enabled on my phone. That way, my smaller, faster phone with more memory, better software, and half the weight will be relegated to shuffling data around so that I can do whatever it is I'm supposed to do with that thing strapped to my arm. Unfortunately, it doesn't have HRM, so +1 to Garmin Forerunner.
                  Hmmmm....It is running Windows CE. The last thing I need on a run is a Virus, blue screen of death, or rebooting every couple miles.

I will stick to my 305.

Mike