Upper ankle lower shin (Read 488 times)

ud32

Tough spot to describe, but may have overstretched an area of my foot if that is possible. Got some pain in my right foot, on the outside on top of the ankle and moving ever slightly above the ankle like outside of lower shin. Here is how I think I hurt it: Stretching after a long run, I put each foot on a small "half step" outside - just the balls of my foot and stretch my calves - kind of like the position it would be in on a slant board. Then I also bend the knee in that postition to stretch the lower calf/gast. muscle. That is where I think I strained it - although it didn't hurt until about 8-10 hours later. Hurt the most first few steps out of bed this AM. Any thoughts or suggestions ? Took today off - but wondering about tommorrow ?
    pitrunner

Tough spot to describe, but may have overstretched an area of my foot if that is possible. Got some pain in my right foot, on the outside on top of the ankle and moving ever slightly above the ankle like outside of lower shin. Here is how I think I hurt it: Stretching after a long run, I put each foot on a small "half step" outside - just the balls of my foot and stretch my calves - kind of like the position it would be in on a slant board. Then I also bend the knee in that postition to stretch the lower calf/gast. muscle. That is where I think I strained it - although it didn't hurt until about 8-10 hours later. Hurt the most first few steps out of bed this AM. Any thoughts or suggestions ? Took today off - but wondering about tommorrow ?
      It sorta sounds like a pain I experienced after rolling my ankle during a basketball game. The pain extended from the top of my foot and up towards the shin - but on the outside of my leg, not the center. It was definitely a delayed onset soreness too, it didn't hurt too bad until I woke up the next day. I stayed off of it for a few days and was fine. I apologize if I misunderstood you and am completely off base!