Dangerous pop-up ads (Read 256 times)

BeeRunB

I was off Pop Tarts, now I'm back on. Great.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I was off Pop Tarts, now I'm back on. Great.

Me, too. I was on a healthy food kick for a few years. I'm  over it.

kettledrum

As another data point, I just now got the fake Chrome update page too right after I made a log entry.

eric :)

As another data point, I just now got the fake Chrome update page too right after I made a log entry.

The ad provider contacted the day after I turned it off.  I provided the link the OP gave me and the ad provider removed the ad from RA.  I turned their ads back on after that.  It sounds like there is another one.  Unfortunately, the ad provider does not provide an easy way to determine the ad in question.  You would need to analyze the generated HTML, which, can be daunting.  I'll have to think about how to locate the bad ad.

paulski66

miscreant

I just now received another one too, for a "Comcast User Survey." This one redirected my current page to the phishing page.

I have no problem subscribing; I did in the in the past, though my subscription has lapsed. But these pop-up/redirects are dangerous. This is the only site I frequently visit where I'm seeing this behavior.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

I gave Comcast the middle finger 6-8 months ago and haven't looked back. When I come home from work I either grab a book and read for a couple of hours or burn up the sheets with the lil' missus. Oh, and no pop up adds for me.

paulski66

miscreant

I gave Comcast the middle finger 6-8 months ago and haven't looked back. When I come home from work I either grab a book and read for a couple of hours or burn up the sheets with the lil' missus. Oh, and no pop up adds for me.

Yeah, well, I work from home, and need reliable, very-high-speed internet service in order to pay the bills. AT&T doesn't cut it on either from (speed or reliability) and there are no other local options.

I did give their TV/landline the middle finger, though.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...