Hi all, new here (Read 423 times)

glutton for punishment

Hi everybody. I am new here, been lurking for a while. found this to be a pretty good site, alot of good info and some very elite runners to learn from Some info on myself - I am a 50 yo male; 5'8", 158 lbs; run 20-25 mpw, been running steady for 3 years now; I have run numerous 5K, 10K, 15K and and 2 HM. I live in Atlanta which is a great running town. there are numerous races each week. my best times are: 5k - 22:50 10K - 47:11 15K - 1:15 HM - 1:47 I have never done any speed training. I use the weekly races as speed work. However entering a race every week was starting to take a toll on my body so I cut back to 1-2 races per month. I developed a case of PF last fall and it is finally starting to go away, thank god. Note that I never stopped running during this bout of PF just cut down my speed, number of races, etc.. I run for fitness, maintain my weight, and I love the exhaustive feeling after a run - to me running is life I have never attempted a marathon. Until the HM distance is comfortable I am not going to even start training for a marathon.. I feel like I have kind of plateaued with those PRs I listed. One question I have is how much faster do you think I get given my age and current stats, etc...? Is a 21:30 5K possible? I enjoy setting PRs so what do I need to do to continue improving?
    PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08

Imminent Catastrophe

Some info on myself - I am a 50 yo male; 5'8", 158 lbs; run 20-25 mpw, been running steady for 3 years now; I have run numerous 5K, 10K, 15K and and 2 HM. I live in Atlanta which is a great running town. there are numerous races each week.
      We have a lot in common! Welcome--you'll learn a lot here. You may know that we have special user groups here too, like Atlanta Area Runners:http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Atlanta/Forum and Masters Runners: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016