Twelve O'Clock High (Read 616 times)

Think Whirled Peas

So I'm at home today, a cold has me cooped up, and I was lamenting the fact that I didn't have much to read laying around. I grudgingly turn the tube on and catch "The Princess Bride" from the very beginning. I love that movie, but it's prolly been 15 years since I've watched the whole thing. Then I flip the channel and get to watch a classic. Twelve O'Clock High. Gregory Peck rules, er, ruled.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

uncontrollable

It is my day off, I am home with Food Network on ... as always ... Barefoot Contessa is making my stomach growl! This weather has me feeling so unmotivated! I guess I'll go do some laundry - yippeeeee! Track tonight - that's good - to make me HTFU (my new favorite word thanks to the Ninny lady)!!

peace

My legs are killing me

It is my day off, I am home with Food Network on ... as always ... Barefoot Contessa is making my stomach growl! This weather has me feeling so unmotivated! I guess I'll go do some laundry - yippeeeee! Track tonight - that's good - to make me HTFU (my new favorite word thanks to the Ninny lady)!!
        I think Contessa would be a good canidate for the couch to 5k program. Wink
          Gregory Peck rules, er, ruled.
          Yeah, he was a classic. Don't forget Guns of Navarone & Cape Fear. Although, Robert Mitchum kind of stole the show in Cape Fear. The villain almost always has the better role. Have you ever seen Robert Mitchum in The Night of the Hunter? That's a classic. As good a villain as Henry Fonda was in Once Upon a Time in the West.

The voice of mile 18

As good a villain as Henry Fonda was in Once Upon a Time in the West.
            love that flick! gotta be one of the best spaghetti westerns ever

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

uncontrollable

I think Contessa would be a good canidate for the couch to 5k program. Wink
              Yes but Emeril & Paula should join in as well..."just add a little more butta & then we're gonna fry it up y'all" Why don't they just set up a cardiac catheterization clinic adjacent to their kitchen? Can you say chest pain?

peace

Oh, I love Gregory Peck and Gary Cooper. Loved Gregory as Atticus Fitch. Loved him!!

- Anya

My legs are killing me

Yes but Emeril & Paula should join in as well..."just add a little more butta & then we're gonna fry it up y'all" Why don't they just set up a cardiac catheterization clinic adjacent to their kitchen? Can you say chest pain?
                  I can hear Emeril now "the couch to 5k program - BAM!!" Paula and Emeril eat more butter in one sitting than I do in a month Surprised

Imminent Catastrophe

Then I flip the channel and get to watch a classic. Twelve O'Clock High.
                    Not only a classic, but this movie was shown to us in Naval Aviation as a classic example of leadership. As opposed to management. Great flick.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Not only a classic, but this movie was shown to us in Naval Aviation as a classic example of leadership. As opposed to management. Great flick.
                      LOL I saw this movie under the same conditions PerfesseR. It's a classic.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

yep...the Navy got a lot of mileage out of it....Naval Leadership Development Program - 1985. It was so good that I brought it home and had my sons watch it with me a just a couple of months ago.... Great flick....