Shoe Laces (Read 1304 times)

My legs are killing me

Why do running shoes have such long laces? Most shoe manufacturers give you enough lace to choke a horse and even if I triple tie mine they are still long. I know I can cut them down but why so much?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mine are never too long. I use that lace lock technique (which uses the top eyelet) and sometimes laces are actually too short. Better too long than too short. Too short and one has to get creative skipping rows lower down on the shoe or spending extra to find new, longer laces.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

Mine are never too long. I use that lace lock technique (which uses the top eyelet) and sometimes laces are actually too short. Better too long than too short. Too short and one has to get creative skipping rows lower down on the shoe or spending extra to find new, longer laces.
        Well your the New Balance expert around here and that's what I run so I'll give that a try. I tripped this morning and almost fell flat on my face. I hate cutting laces because you always get those strands.

325th place or bust!

My feet are skinny so the laces are always way too long for me. I end up tying a bow, making a bow with again, and tucking the ends back in.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My feet are skinny so the laces are always way too long for me. I end up tying a bow, making a bow with again, and tucking the ends back in.
            My feet are freakishly chubby/wide, but those Mizuno laces are insane...even using the top row of eyelets and doing the lace lock thing AND double-knotting them I have a ton of excess lace.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

I use the Bungee laces instead because regular laces would NEVER stay tied and I rarely got them exactly right - always too loose or too tight. I discovered Bungees a few years ago and LOVE them. They come in a wide range of colors too, which is fun.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Same for me. I could use my laces a bit longer because of how I lace my shoes.
                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                  I use the Bungee laces instead because regular laces would NEVER stay tied and I rarely got them exactly right - always too loose or too tight. I discovered Bungees a few years ago and LOVE them. They come in a wide range of colors too, which is fun.
                  You probably tie granny knots. It INFURIATES me whenever I see a granny knot. Do your bow's sometimes align perpendicular to the way they are supposed to? BUSTED, granny knot. With proper shoelace tying, there is no need to even double knot shoes. Really, I tie my running shoes once every couple of weeks and just slip them on/off most days. Read this article ASAP: http://www.shoe-lacing.com/shoelace/slipping.htm
                  For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.