Gel Advice (Read 1204 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

And now, the larch. The larch.
    The Mighty Scots Pine!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Sure nice.
      The wall is real...................but very few marathoners can reach it Wink

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Imminent Catastrophe

And there are physiologic truths out there that exist completely independently of belief. Saying that you NEED a sports drink to finish a HM strong is like saying you NEED an iPod to finish a HM strong. These needs are beliefs. There is ample research and human experience showing that these beliefs universal and that human biology and physiology can operate contrary to these beliefs. In these cases, that NEED is psychological, not physiological.
        There you go bringing things like science and research into it. That can cause a lot of trouble. I use a homeopathic sports drink. It has one glucose molecule. BTW blue skies your avatar is hot.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Interesting you bring that up. I ran PDX last year with a friend trying out her first marathon. Same thing happened to her... gleukos made her sick, so she switched to ultima. I warned her in advance, but she tried anyway. Briefly. Anyway, it's kind of cool that PDX had two different fluids, but it made the stations a bit confusing. And gleukos is clear. Not fun when dumped over the head.
          I actually like gleukos. I had just reached that point in the marathon where I was rejecting everything. I thought ultima tasted like sweat.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I actually like gleukos. I had just reached that point in the marathon where I was rejecting everything. I thought ultima tasted like sweat.
            Actually, this stuff is pretty good even though the English name they chose was curious:

Yes, I remember drinking that stuff all the time when I was in Japan. I don't know who Pocari is, but his (or her) perspiration is quite quenching.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac