piriformis and aching through night (Read 866 times)

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Thanks so much for your replies. The yoga, massage and icing seems to be really helping the leg and butt pain, but my lower back pain is out of control. I've never had back problems before. I'm starting to wonder if I've got something else going on as well. I miss my running Sad
    ~ Fly ~
    Only as much as I dream can I be.
    veggies on the run
      See a doc, assuming you have insurance. It's what it's there for. I put off going until it was almost better, but I got peace of mind. Unlike you, I did NOT have a back problem. I had a tight piriformis, too, for much of this summer. Can't pinpoint what caused it (which, I gather is typical.) Maybe that trail run? Maybe the two-a-day? Just one day, it was off and sore. It would get me up at night. So, I got some stretches. Had a massage, too, about a month before seeing doc. That helped. When it was at its worst, in the beginning, I wasn't running much. I felt better adding more running.
        Thanks so much for your replies. The yoga, massage and icing seems to be really helping the leg and butt pain, but my lower back pain is out of control. I've never had back problems before. I'm starting to wonder if I've got something else going on as well. I miss my running Sad
        Yikes. Back pain is no fun and can lead to serious all over issues. I threw mine out a few months ago moving furniture-was floored (literally) for a few days, but thankfully it felt better in about a week; still dealing with some tightness though. Please take it easy, and though I would never do it myself, if going to a doctor is an option, maybe you could consider it? Ugh. Feel good thoughts coming your way!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

See a doc, assuming you have insurance.
          I appreciate your concern, but my insurance is sooo basic a limb has to be falling clear off before I'm covered for much. So I'm just taking it super easy and doing all of the things I know to do. This seriously rots, but such is life. What I have learned is that I'm not designed to run without any kind of cross training. My job is pretty physical and I walk to work, so I always figured that was enough. I'm not giving up my yoga again after this and in time will add more. Thanks.
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run

Feeling the growl again

Try sleeping witha pillow between your knees. Worked for me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills