How tough would it be to add a new function to this awesome site? (Read 733 times)

CUBBIECHAD

I have seen other training log sites have a planning function where you could drop in a training plan for a season or enter in workouts for at least a week at a time.  Then an email is sent daily to remind you of the daily workout.  Any chance that could be added?  Just a thought.  Although I have tried other sites with this function, I still keep coming back here for its amazing functions.

What are the sites that have this training function? 

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

CUBBIECHAD

The 2 that I know of are ActiveTrainer and TrainingPeaks.  The training peaks site costs a premium to use the function (which I kind of think is crap.

From another time someone asked this question:

CarmelRunner, I'm planning to add training plan support after I'm done with the new log and GPS import. I have an idea of how it should work but have no idea what kind of difficulty I will encounter. There is no good way to compare your training plan to your actual workout right now. The only way I can think of is to add the plan as notes to your calendar view. It's a little tedious and clunky, but it would have to do for now, until I add real support for it. eric :-)

And another time

I've figured out how to do a training plan a couple of months ago. I think it will be integrated quite nicely into the log. However, my focus is getting the GPS import done. After that, training plan is up next. eric Smile

And another one

jmwfood and everyone, A training schedule is one of the features I'll be working on this year. I don't have a time line for when I would get to it yet. I've been thinking about what is involved during my free time (and I don't get much of that). Obviously, this will be a big effort, and I would like everyone that want such a feature to post their thoughts here. Think of this as a chance to have a feature that is created just for you, which means you will have to tell me what you want. For example, jmwfood wants it to be able to compare the actual workout to the schedule. What else would you like to see? eric Smile

I wonder when this will ever be implemented.

Also, there is a section for suggestions.

CUBBIECHAD

Thanks for the info.  I am glad Eric is looking into it.  I look forward to it. 

Sorry about adding this in the gears & wears section.  I guess I didn't scroll down far enough.

The 2 that I know of are ActiveTrainer and TrainingPeaks.  The training peaks site costs a premium to use the function (which I kind of think is crap.

So some person who has a website that many can use should just offer their service for free.  I am not a fan of paying but also will never complain about having to pay for a service that is offered.  Someone has to maintain these websites and we on this board will even send the owner of it a few dollars from time to time. 

I know they get money from other sources such as advertisement. 

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett