running podcast suggestions (Read 1337 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

This may be a dumb question and if it is I am sorry -- but how do I know how many bpm I run? I am pokey-slow and I also have short-ish strides. Thanks.
    You can guess. I did it that way at first... Blush But a better way is to count. Wink Count how many times your right (or left) foot hits the ground in 30 seconds. Multiply by 4. That's your current BPM. Don't get people started on what's the "ideal" BPM... Roll eyes (That's a lot easier than trying to count the total number of steps in a minute...)

Roads were made for journeys...

redleaf

You can guess. I did it that way at first... Blush But a better way is to count. Wink Count how many times your right (or left) foot hits the ground in 30 seconds. Multiply by 4. That's your current BPM. Don't get people started on what's the "ideal" BPM... Roll eyes (That's a lot easier than trying to count the total number of steps in a minute...)
      Cool okay. I'll go down to the treadmill today and set it to where it SHOULD be and count... thanks wingz (and may my wings (the Red Wings) win tonight!)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Wingz

Professional Noob

Something I've found with the podrunner casts is that I normally, naturally vary my BPM based on what kind of terrain I'm running on. Uphill = slower, downhil = faster. Good mood = faster, daydreaming = slower. And so on. The podcasts don't really let you do that... that is definitely a drawback.

Roads were made for journeys...