Because RA rocks... (Read 784 times)

I figured I'd start a "donate to Eric" post. The link to PayPal is on the Home page. I will admit that this is the first time I've gotten it together enough to remember to donate (thanks to actually having a little grad school stipend left over), but this week has been a huge wake up call as to how fantastic Eric is. He is taking on all the new members and uploading logs until all hours of the night during holiday season. He makes sure we never lose our logs, have a great community to participate in, and doesn't make any money for advertising by allowing annoying ads on our pages. He is constantly upgrading and working on ways to improve and takes the majority of all suggestions into account. And he does it all for the love of running and our community. He's modest too- he doesn't even have a big PayPal link for advertising, you would miss it if you weren't looking for it. So if you have a little extra in your pockets, help support Eric- both for his time and the expense of hosting the web server. And new members, if you decided to stick around, I hope you also will find a way to show your thanks for how welcoming Eric has been. It is really quick and easy to donate, you don't even have to register with PayPal. That is all. Happy Holidays Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

Second.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Well said Shaunna. I'm havin Santa run something over to Eric.
          Well said Shaunna. I'm havin Santa run something over to Eric.
          Is that going to be an "easy" run or a "tempo" run? Tongue
          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Who needs toenails?

Hmmm... this is going to be a blow to my inner curmudgeon but I think I can muster up some holiday spirit for Eric. He did an awesome job getting my log ported over and I am unbelievably grateful. Just don't tell anyone or all the little money grubbers will show up at my door wanting to sell me candy... Wink
              Eric is a super guy. I donated earlier this year and out of the blue got a personal thank you email from him telling me how much he appreciated it. Was very surprised! RA is one of my favorite sites, there is always great advice here and NO DRAMA!!! Cool
              ---- Cynthia

Another Passion

Here, here. I actually ponied up yesterday. I am very grateful for the work that Eric does on/for this site and all of us who use it.

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep...it had been a while since I monetarily supported my home on the web, and t'is the season. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bump! I challenge CR refugees to join me!

Head Procrastinator

Are you over your two post limit for the day Missy? I have some PayPal$$ hanging around for some flowers we sent as a group that are burning a hole in my pocket. FYI about PayPal....if you are not a member and use a charge to give someone money they take it out on that person's end........I got like 56 cents out of $6 which I thought was pretty high. Plus, unless they have a premium account they can only accept five of those a month.
                      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                      Maven

I'm in for $20. Is that enough to make me a mod?

Another Passion

I thought I would likes you from your first post, Econo. Now, I KNOW I likes you! Big grin

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Challenge accepted. I just donated some of my money from Santa. Big grin
                              I wish it could be more, but I sent along a little Xmas something. No way I would be enjoying running as much as I do without RA. Smile

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.