Bright and early or when the sun goes down? (Read 899 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Just curious what time of the day everyone runs and why.
    Most of my runs are at about 0530hrs. If I double then the second run is in my lunch hour. Weekend runs tend to be early morning too. Why? Family time.

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Weekdays I am out the door running before 5 am. Its the only option and I am a morning person anyway. My runs have become something I just do in the morning--like taking a shower and brushing my teeth; its part of the routine.
      Mr R

Both, of course!

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

I am most certainly a morning run kinda guy! For me there are a couple reasons, one of which is because of weight loss and that I don't like to run with food in my stomach. I also feel SO incredible when I get my run done first thing in the am, makes my days much better! I will run after work occasionally if needed but I tend to feel more sluggish at that time of day. During the winter, afternoons but bring on Spring and Summer and I love the mornings!

Rob M.-A PROUD AMERICAN VETERAN! OlllO-It's a JEEP thing! GOALS 2010: 5K- 5KFVS, 5/22/10: 29:15 10K- Old River Run, 5/8/10: 1:02.24 City of Roses Half Marathon, 9/19/10: Marathon-St. Judes Memphis Marathon, 12/4/10?? Duathlon-??? Triathlon(sprint)-???

coastwalker

I've also found that if I don't get my workout done early, it just doesn't happen: Once the rest of the world wakes up, there is no telling where the day will take me. So I'm out at about 4:30 with the deer, owls, and newspaper delivery guys, and it is a great way to start the day. It's a nice change of pace, now that I'm starting to see a little daylight by the end of my workout. But I've also gotten used to the darkness of winter mornings, and find it peaceful and calming. I suppose it helps a lot that there is very little early-morning traffic around here, so that is rarely a concern - I often see more animals than cars! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I'm a morning person, generally on the street at "oh dark thirty" (0500), this morning it was 0430. Long runs on Sunday after day break so that we can meet friends for breakfast at 1000. Am about to relocate and have a longer commute so I may have to re-jigger when I run and maybe switch to lunch time workouts on a trail around the at work wellness center, or on treadmill. Will have to see how that plays out.

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Rundadrun27

I work 6:30a-3:00p. I get home between 3:30p and 4:00p. I usually get changed and go for my runs right after I get home. On weekends I like to sleep in, so if I run on the weekends, I usually get out around 10:30a.
                  I'm definitely a "bright and early" runner, 5 AM or so most weekday mornings. I enjoy the solitude (which means nobody I know ever sees me running and tells me about it) and I have even given up the iPod without really noticing it. Sometimes I feel a bit "tight" starting out, but my muscles loosen up pretty quick. I try to have some water and maybe a banana before heading out, though I am currently only running 3-4 miles a day during the week. A couple downsides to running early are: 1)running new routes without knowing pavement conditions can be a little dicey in the dark and 2)certain bodily functions (elimination) "wake up" partway through the run.
                  Matt

2010 Races:
                  March: Irish Jig 5K - 24:31 (new PR)
                  May: 5/3 Riverbank Run 25K - 2:34:12 (new PR)
                  June: Brian Diemer Amerikam 5K - 23:39 (new PR)
                  June: Reeds Lake Run 5K - 24:48 (this race has kicked my butt two years running)
                  September: 2010 Mackinac Bridge Run - 36:59
                  September: Park2Park Half Marathon - 1:57:26 (new PR)
                    on the road at 5:45 AM for almost all weekday runs.