Running stick (Read 1347 times)

Kalsarikännit

you'll spend $120 on your shoes

Suckers.

(Except I want to try a pair of $180 Hoka's).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

It's just giant beads on a stick!

I'm pretty sure I said 'what am I supposed to do with that?' the first time I saw it....until I tried it.

xor

Heh.

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I could use a stick right now. Calf is sore. Trail marathon on Saturday. Forgot I have a massage thingy the children gave me a few years back. Now  I just have to find it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Prefer a foam roller, lacrosse ball, and theracane

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

When I ran the Hood to Coast last year, the only thing that I can attribute to a GREAT event for me (running that is) is The Stick!  One of our team mates had one and I used it pretty much every time we got out of the van and just before each of my relay legs.  It was AWESOME!!!  I am sure other similar devices have their merit, but I loved The Stick!!!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

I got one a while back.  I don't use it for general massaging, but rather to find and work out little knots and trigger-point-like things.  It seems to work pretty well -- the muscles I use it on always feel entirely normal the next morning.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

dreamer of dreams

Swimming noodle stuffed with a PVC pipe. The only problem is I can't get a good hamstring smush. It's too low to get enough leverage. Where do you guys buy a GOOD foam roller. The ones at the big box stores are flimsy. My local running store does not carry them. Strange. What online places? I want one like the one at my gym. It's nice and big and very sturdy and hard enough to make me rubbery.

Geez, this thread produces dirty thoughts!

Tricia, try HERE.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Swimming noodle stuffed with a PVC pipe. The only problem is I can't get a good hamstring smush.

Try a tennis ball.  I've never had any luck with rollers on the hamstrings but the tennis ball works pretty well.

Not at it at all. 

purpleprincess

Speaking of travel...

In my experiences, the TSA doesn't quite know what to make of The Stick.  It isn't on the NO list with dangerous items like 4oz liquids, but they will likely rerun your bag once, then pull it out and ponder qu'est-ce que c'est.

Yup-  I got some strange looks flying with the Stick to Vegas- at least flying out of Boston