Logging Garmin 310 runs (Read 563 times)

flatland mountaineer

I recently upgraded to a 310 after numerous 305's. I loved my old 305's but the new features esp. the battery life of the 310 has made me a fan. What I am not a fan of is that it seems I have to log runs online on Garmin's online program or here on RA or other online resources. I live in the sticks and our satelite internet is very unreliable at times and I like the simplicity of the old program. Is there any way to download the 310 to the venerable old standalone version of Garmin's Training Center or a newer standalone program?

Apologies if this topic has been discussed previously.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

an amazing likeness

There's a bunch of updates/downloads over at Garmin for the ANT agent and Garmin Training Center (GTC) to make them work together. So you may be able to stay with GTC if you download all the updates. However...clearly Garmin is wanting folks to move to their Garmin Connect on-line site over the local GTC.

SportTracks is another option for a local-to-your-PC (Mac) software, I'm sure there are others.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

flatland mountaineer

There's a bunch of updates/downloads over at Garmin for the ANT agent and Garmin Training Center (GTC) to make them work together. So you may be able to stay with GTC if you download all the updates. However...clearly Garmin is wanting folks to move to their Garmin Connect on-line site over the local GTC.

SportTracks is another option for a local-to-your-PC (Mac) software, I'm sure there are others.

Thanks will check it out.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Yes, you can use Garmin Training Center.  I downloaded it and use it as my default with a 310XT.  The ANT+ setup lets you specify whether you want it to auto-upload to Garmin Connect (default) or GTC.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I use SportTracks as my primary log and tracking software. Its very powerful but can be a little cumbersome to use at first. They have an online forum to help you with the learning curve ad an online version is in the works. If you like to analysis, compare and track your progress, SportTracks is something I'd recommend.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

flatland mountaineer

Success, downloaded newest Ant agent and Training Center and all my history was still in my 310 xt and downloaded perfectly, yea!  Thanks everyone, might have to give Sport Tracks another look but for now happy to have TC back.