Endless Tickle/Itch in the Chest (Read 729 times)

Hi all, I pushed too hard, too soon and broke myself (fever, cough) and haven't run in 3 weeks. I'm dying to get back to running, but have some slight, slight tickle/itch in my chest. I don't want to set my recovery back further, but suspect the value of waiting further far outweighs the cost. Anyone have insights? Trent? Thank you!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Give it a try and go out for an easy couple, and see how you feel. From my experience and others' reports, if anything, it helps you fell better as long as you don't push too hard. If you find you're struggling, pack it in and try again in a few days.
        I had a similar thing. I find running loosens the stuff in your chest up. I spit a lot normally, but more so. I was fin on the run itself, but as soon as I stopped, the tickle in the chest was almost unbearble.

- Anya

#artbydmcbride

I'd stick to easy jogs or powerwalking and avoid really deep breathing for a day or two. Feel better soon!

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Some chest conditions persist for many many moons. The tickle likely indicates persistent inflammation in or drainage into your chest. Give yourself a bit more time to recover. If it does not go away, you need to get it checked out.
              Thanks very much to each of you. It slowly disappeared over the weekend. By Monday night, it was completely gone. I'm taking it slow and easy this week.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus