Looking For a Big City BQ Fall Marathon (Not Chicago) (Read 848 times)

Was it all a dream?

St. George also looks promising, would the downhills there crush a beach dweller?
    I'd be more worried about the elevation. Also, it looks like you need to register by tomorrow if you want to run St. George this year. I hear Detroit is fast...
      Speaking of Toronto, "September 28th Scotia bank Waterfront Marathon". Flat as a pancake since it follows the shoreline of Lake ontario. It is billed a North America's 4th fastest Marathon. Funny thing it also claims that you can attempt to BQ for 2009 or 2010 or both. How and why that is, I don't know.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Hannibal Granite

Speaking of Toronto, "September 28th Scotia bank Waterfront Marathon". Flat as a pancake since it follows the shoreline of Lake ontario. It is billed a North America's 4th fastest Marathon. Funny thing it also claims that you can attempt to BQ for 2009 or 2010 or both. How and why that is, I don't know.
        The qualifying window is ~ 19 months long. For example this years race qualifying opened 23 Sept 2006. So a race in late Sept. '06 could have qualified you for the '07 or the '08 race. Same thing for subsequent years.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Scout7

Baltimore is 11 OCT. Philadelphia is in NOV, I don't know what weekend. Steamtown is 05 OCT.
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Check out Marathon Guide's list of the top BQ marathons (in % of runners). The Bay State marathon that others have mentioned is 3rd on there, mid October, 30% of runners BQ. It also depends how far you want to travel. Closer to you is the Marshall University Marathon in Huntington, WV (21+% BQ) first week in Nov. Then for the tourism aspect there's the Niagara Falls International Marathon (22% BQ) at the end of October. A Big City Marathon relatively close to you that qualifies a high % of runners for Boston is the Philadelphia Marathon in Mid November (2007: 6668 runners, 1369 BQ'd, 21%).
              Another vote for CIM in Sacramento. Very well organized, rolling course with a net elevation drop.
              MM# 1477