Problem with IE 10? (Read 46 times)

Mr MattM

I suddenly had a problem with the site when using IE 10 from home.  There is a banner saying that I'm using an unsupported browser and the forums are all whacked... it worked up until yesterday...

be curious; not judgmental

Mr MattM

Actually, it says "You're using an obsolete browser that is no longer supported by RunningAHEAD.com.  RunningAHEAD.com will look much better with the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari"

Mysecondnewname

Actually, it says "You're using an obsolete browser that is no longer supported by RunningAHEAD.com.  RunningAHEAD.com will look much better with the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari"

I'm using IE 10 and things work fine.

Do you have the box to update IE 10 automatically checked?  (It's under the Tools----->About Internet Explorer in the menu).

Good luck!

eric :)

The most likely cause is you have enabled compatibility mode, which puts IE into IE7 rendering mode.  Click the blue broken page icon to the left of the url refresh button should fix the problem.  You'll also need to close down your browser, or log out then log in to clear the session.

Mr MattM

Yes, I let IE auto-update... and the compatibility mode doesn't seem to change anything... still shows the obsolete browser box.  I'll keep poking at it.

eric :)

What color is the compatibility icon?  If it's not gray, it's enabled.  Also, you need to close all instances of IE for the changes to take effect because browser version detection happens the very first time you connect to RA.

Mr MattM

Yeah, I know all about compatibility mode.  I also have the developer tools installed and I cycled through all of the available modes and none made the obsolete box go away.  I just restored from 4/30 when I last had IE9 and now it works fine.  I am reapplying the updates to see when/where the problem occurs.

an amazing likeness

Just an -fyi-. I have no problems with IE10 and RA. IE10 is not in compatibility mode, browser mode is straight-up IE10.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.