Nipple issues (Read 1187 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I used duct tape in the Leadville 100 last weekend. The same pieces stayed on for 100 miles (over 26 hours of running) in rain, sleet, snow, hail, and sun without coming off. Works great. Hurts a little coming off. Shave first. Big grin - Chris
    Hey, a buddy of mine ran Leadville in 27:04. Did you cross paths with a tough looking young fella from Middle TN?
      Hey, a buddy of mine ran Leadville in 27:04. Did you cross paths with a tough looking young fella from Middle TN?
      I don't recall him specifically. It looks like I passed him somewhere between Fish Hatchery (mile 77) and Mayqueen (mile 86.5), so it was probably on the climb up Sugarloaf. I remember passing a few people in that stretch, everyone was really nice and friendly and most of the people I passed were still moving strong, though I was getting tired by that point, so my recollection is foggy at best Smile There was a guy (with a pacer) who stopped to ask me if I needed anything while I was taking off some clothing on the climb up Sugarloaf... he had a bit of an accent... I wonder if that was him.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

His pacer was a Leadville woman who apparently won a 50miler in the past year or so.
          His pacer was a Leadville woman who apparently won a 50miler in the past year or so.
          Naw, this was two guys. I do remember passing a guy and a woman though. Was probably them. He did great! The conditions were less than ideal... rain, hail, sleet, snow, wind, lightning... at least we didn't have swarms of locusts. Smile
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He ran a 2:58 marathon in April. He has done some 50 and 60 milers, but this was his first run at altitude. He picked Leadville. Dude.
              He ran a 2:58 marathon in April. He has done some 50 and 60 milers, but this was his first run at altitude. He picked Leadville. Dude.
              Yeah... it was my first 100 miler too. At least I live at 5500'. Your friend is nuts, but he's got the buckle now! Smile
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

ultramarathon/triathlete

Man, I have soooooo many post-race pics of me with two red streaks down the front of my shirt. And WOW does it hurt when you get into the shower afterwards! There are some pretty good sweat proof/sport bandaids that are "nipple sized" --enough to cover those suckers and keep them from getting raw. You'd think they'd toughen up after the nth time of chaffing, but no, they just chaff again. Did anyone see the episode of "The Office" where the dude taped up his nipples? I don't watch that show but found the clip online. Pretty funny. After it aired (last year?) everyone in my office was asking me if my nipples bleed from all the running I do. It was confusing until I realized they all watched that show. I think most were suprised to learn that, yeah, they actually DO bleed, and it was not just something made up for TV. Overall, I think I'd rather have bloody nipples than to suffer what most women go thru when not wearing a correct fitting sports bra. Anyone read that article in (last month's?) Runner's world that said that even an A cup can bounce 8 or so inches up and down when running?! THAT must really hurt!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

HOSS1961

If y'all would just man up and buy a sports bra there would be no more nipple problems. Of course there may be other problems. Wink
                  Isn't that a "Sports Bro" or a "Sports Manzier"?
                  HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Member Since 2008

vasoline!! Works great.

A Saucy Wench

Overall, I think I'd rather have bloody nipples than to suffer what most women go thru when not wearing a correct fitting sports bra. Anyone read that article in (last month's?) Runner's world that said that even an A cup can bounce 8 or so inches up and down when running?! THAT must really hurt!
                      Ahhh but once you find bra heaven you never do something like forget it on a humid day. And who paid for that study? Can you imagine the guys thinking it up and saying "we can get PAID to measure jiggle" Probably thought it up while watching Baywatch.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Purdey

Self anointed title

Somehow I kinda expected more from this thread than pictures of guys with bloody nipples. Meh.

Used waterproof tape for a year then quit. I just started back since it's gotten so humid. For me, it's a wet-shirt issue. I just tear off an inch or so and tear that in half. Works like the round bandaids only cheaper. No shirt? No way. Maybe after another 20 lbs. comes off... cgerber--Duct taped nipples? YOU, sir, are a REAL man! My hat's off to you. Big grin Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff