Damn Treadmill. (Read 817 times)

Hi all. I am finally back after a forced lay off due to gallbladder surgery. I ran my longest run on Monday of 4 miles on the treadmill. The roads here are very icy and the temp has been between -28 and -34 celcius wuith wind chill to - 40 ish so inside is my only opportunity to run. My hubby went to use the stupid thing today and I guess I broke it. The belt won't move. We found a small belt under the mill and I think it's from the part that drives the running tread. Oh well, we do not have a service provider for the thing in town so I guess I well brave the ice and cold. I plan on a nice easy run outside tomorrow after presents. Thinking I am getting new running gear. Hopefully the temp will be up and no wind. Sorry just wanted to vent. Merry Christmas to all. Corrinabear
      That is a real bummer, sorry to hear about the gallbladder and the treadmill. I hope Santa was good to you though Big grin Santa brought me a new pair of Asics Kayano 14's and I just got back from testing them for an 8 mile run (they worked just fine). Merry CHRISTmas to you Sam
      Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
        I ran outside today and it was lovely. - 12 celsuis with a bit of a wind. Used my Yak trax and ran on the icy snow covered roads. It was a great run. I am not so sad about the treadmill but my hubby doesn't run outside so he is bummed. Oh well told him he should try outside and see what he thinks. Glad santa was good to you. I recieved new running pants and shirts. My family supports my hobby. Big grin Merry christmas too you as well.
          Gallbladder and treadmill problems. Dang it! Glad to see you brave the outdoors. Take it nice and easy and here is hoping the treadmill is repaired soon. Merry Christmas. It is still nice enough here for a nice run in shorts and t-shirt or perhaps even shirtless. It is a ying yang thing though because come summertime I will wish for a treadmill in a nice air conditioned room. Smile

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Bugs

Erika from Alaska braved those temps and lived. She is made of extremely tough stuff. I'd be finding a friend with a TM I could use though, that's too much for me.

Bugs

uncontrollable

I feel your pain! Mine broke in Sept. Although it isn't quite as cold as your weather: it is frustrating when the option isn't there. So far I've braved the conditions - I am careful & bought a headlamp & more reflective gear since it's dark not much after 4p here. Hang in there - do what you can do.

peace