Anyone sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night - Calling all doctors (Read 990 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

This month's Discover magazine had an article on this exact problem. The patient complained about calf pain and went to the ER. The doctors suspected blood clot and kept her under observation. It turned out to be a pulmonary embolism triggered by air travel. Like Trent said, it can kill you real fast. Runnergabe, my PT said I have a leg length issue too due to a shifted SI joint. She too prescribed lots of core strengthening which I think is working. I suspect that it got out of whack due to running on the same side of the road all the time (facing traffic). I also noticed that I run a lot better at races (less pain) because I run on the right side of the road. I agree that I trust PTs over chiropractors any day.
    mikeymike

This exact thing happened to my former boss. He was traveling on the west coast when he started feeling really crappy, no energy and knew something was seriously wrong. He went to the hospital and the admitted him he had to stay in Seattle in the hospital another 5 days and then be on blood thinners for a long time after that. A blood clot from his calf had traveled to his lung. The docs told him that if he'd gotten on his flight home instead of going to the hospital, he probably would havd died.

Runners run

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

If it is a blood clot though I have been running with it for 9 months without much change. I am calling to get an appointment for as soon as possible but still curious about everything. Since none of these guys are around on the weekend it seems as though I will have to do this on Mon or Tues. Could it be anything else?
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Okay you guys are starting to worry me. Are you suggesting I should go to the hospital? Do you think it is that important?
            2011 Goals:
            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

9 months is reassuring. If it has not changed recently and does not hurt, it is likely okay (and the risk of it being a clot goes down)