Got a Garmin 405 for Christmas - Now it All Makes Sense. (Read 1083 times)

Hey, nice to see that you climbed off my mom long enough to pay a visit.
    How should that be logged? And Scout, Happy 4th of July if I don't see you..../kicks rocks.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

mikeymike

Always with the besmirching.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

How should that be logged? And Scout, Happy 4th of July if I don't see you..../kicks rocks.
        ditto!

Runners run

They make creams for that. Instead of enabling you, perhaps Trent should be dispensing some of said cream.
          It's a Festivus miracle! Happy New Year, Scout. Smile

Amy

"run" "2" "eat"

...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.
            how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

A Saucy Wench

It's a Festivus miracle! Happy New Year, Scout. Smile
              Huh...somehow I wasnt expecting to see Scout until January 6th.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

#artbydmcbride

Huh...somehow I wasnt expecting to see Scout until January 6th.
                The fourth wise guy?

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

aybeerunning

Well, I got a Garmin 405 for Christmas and went on a run in my subdivision and it went great. Then this morning I hit my traditional track, and I was SHOCKED at how off the track was in distance. I was going on a 5 mile run but when I reached the mile marker my Garmin read something like 4.20 - I had to run another alternate loop just to make sure I got the 5.
                  I had the same issue. Suddenly realized why my pace on my usual track always seemed faster than when I ran on the streets. The pace was all over the place as someone else commented. This can be fixed with a firmware update that is available on the Garmin website.
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=437 Changes made from version 3.74 to 3.80: + Fixed problem where users had to keep widening high school tracks to make them come out right on Garmin watch measurements

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I am so glad I bought my Garmin when I did. I really couldn't afford it but after trying to figure out mileage and the need for lots of new runs it just seemed like something I would mess up. Your post just reinforced my thoughts on it. It is a great tool. BTW: make sure you re-calibrate your foot pod if you use it for pace every few months. My gait has changed a lot as I've gotten better and I found it very accurate after my running became smoother and more like a metronome.
                      You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here