More Science of Sport discussion on barefoot running (Read 2796 times)

Stew Smith, former Navy SEAL, as well as (since you'll never be one) published military fitness writer. He trains not only SEALS, but also a wide variety of military elite. And yes I'm the Robert in the story...

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/running/evolution-of-learning-how-to-run-distance

10% - Used Chi Method

Within seconds of crossing the finish line at my last race, a guy introduces himself with "I thought I was the worst trail runner, but you are the worst I have ever seen."  He dives into something about lifting my feet.  Then, he goes "Have you ever heard of Chi Running?" I said, "Umm, I think maybe," then went and got myself a PB & J. 

I only fell once and I landed on both hands, Charlie Hustle style, so WHATEVER. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Give it up, SR... as the man said, you'll never be a published military fitness writer. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

Sandy Snakenberg.   Hee.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Wow, a chirunner says you're pathetic? You must be given that Dreyer's "technique" is a documented failure as a running technique.

The sad fact for you is that nobody cares what you know about running, because if a ChiRunner is as fast as you are, then I can only imagine how pathetic you run.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

L Train

pathetically

Yeah, but I got her numbah, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

northernman

Fight The Future

Wow, a chirunner says you're pathetic? You must be given that Dreyer's "technique" is a documented failure as a running technique.

The sad fact for you is that nobody cares what you know about running, because if a ChiRunner is as fast as you are, then I can only imagine how pathetic you run.

I couldn't find the "documentation" on this. Can you provide a pointer?

xor

Once again: would you please explain your comment about my ACL blow out?

Imminent Catastrophe

Basic army recruits, marines, as well as Navy SEALS. 

Considering they carry over 100lbs every day in combat, the ability to carry, run, and move more efficiently is quite appreciated actually.

And besides, the Army has banned Fivefingers so they have to run barefoot. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

In the first verse of "You're So Vain", she sings that the dude had one eye in the mirror.

EW.

xor

Maybe it was a funhouse mirror.

To kind of, you know, make one eye fatter.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

That's easy, you don't know how to run or move. 70% of ACL tears are non contact injuries, in trying to stop or change direction. If it was a contact injury, then the skills to protect it further are yours to learn.

If it was non contact, then I'll gladly tell you that you don't know how to run, stop or change direction and it could have been fully prevented. But since you know nothing about running or moving, then why try and humiliate (which doesn't work by the way) me for being able to help you.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xor

That's easy, you don't know how to run or move. 70% of ACL tears are non contact injuries, in trying to stop or change direction. If it was a contact injury, then the skills to protect it further are yours to learn.

If it was non contact, then I'll gladly tell you that you don't know how to run, stop or change direction and it could have been fully prevented. But since you know nothing about running or moving, then why try and humiliate (which doesn't work by the way) me for being able to help you.

Dear Mr Jester.

I have never had a problem with my ACLs, much less "blowing one out".

I still don't know what the hell you are going on about.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I still don't know what the hell you are going on about.

Welcome to the club.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Its your quote, not mine. Scroll up a few of your comments and you might remind yourself to you own words....

Especially since ACL's are torque load injuries, and I teach athletes how to execute a 180 degree directional change with no measurable torque to their knees at all...