Mobile experience, what changed? (Read 591 times)

freckles

Hi Eric,

I post in LLR a lot from my HTC WIldfire Android, but ever since the update I am unable to do so? The text box appears but won't let me type anything in it. My PC is a total dinosaur and takes about half an hour to switch on so I use my  mobile to post alot and am missing my ladies. Is there anything I can do? Cheers!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

xor

freckles, are you using a specific browser (like firefox) or the "browser" app that shipped with your phone?  Your experience sounds like mine, DirtyGraceFlint's, and others post-upgrade.  My default browser no longer lets me post.  I get the text box, but it won't bring up the keyboard app.

freckles

freckles, are you using a specific browser (like firefox) or the "browser" app that shipped with your phone?  Your experience sounds like mine, DirtyGraceFlint's, and others post-upgrade.  My default browser no longer lets me post.  I get the text box, but it won't bring up the keyboard app.

Browser app on my phone. I also get the text box but no keyboard!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Ya, and I'm probably going to get fired for staring at RA on my work computer all day! It's much stealthier to use my phone when I'm screwing around at work! Big grin

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

FWIW, I switched to firefox on my phone (I would have switched to chrome, but my phone is being an a-hole about that).  Posting via firefox seems really finnicky... FOR ME, others seem to be having a fine time of it... but it works.  Usually.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

FWIW, I switched to firefox on my phone (I would have switched to chrome, but my phone is being an a-hole about that).  Posting via firefox seems really finnicky... FOR ME, others seem to be having a fine time of it... but it works.  Usually.

I no likey firefox on my phone. I have to scroll a lot to read the posts and the posting is very hit or miss.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

eric :)

I think the problem is with the particular version of Android you have.  I can't proof this yet.  I need to get hold of the latest Android SDK that allows me to change Android emulator versions.

freckles

It's working now Eric, thank you!

Having just gotten my first smartphone this is my first chance to visit using a mobile browser. I am using Dolphin on an older version of Android. Frankly, I'm impressed. The forum is easy to read in landscape or portrait and typing a reply is pretty easy (no more difficult than other apps and easier than some..)

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

(Although apparently it didn't save my carriage returns.)

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, trying it out on my Galaxy S3. It's really nice. Page is formatted so horizontal scrolling is not required.

A couple of carriage returns here.

Done in portrait mode, btw.

Julia1971

Hi Eric,

I got a new phone - the Blackberry Z10. I've noticed something odd. I can click on the "B" to bold words but then, I can't turn it off. If I click on the HTML button, it shows the strong and / strong, so it should be off, alas... Any idea what could be causing this?

an amazing likeness

Hi Eric,

I got a new phone - the Blackberry Z10. I've noticed something odd. I can click on the "B" to bold words but then, I can't turn it off. If I click on the HTML button, it shows the strong and / strong, so it should be off, alas... Any idea what could be causing this?

Total guess....but if you're seeing the Strong tags in the HTML as being there...that makes it sounds like the BB browser isn't parsing the html correctly and rendering the bold as it is tagged.  Post something that looks tagged right, but displays wrong, and let's see what it looks like outside the BB browser.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Julia1971

Deleted.

Julia1971

Good idea, Milktruck...

like my new phone.

It looks correct - only "like" is bolded.

Let me try again with this sentence.

Okay, the bold "B" is still saying I'm bolding even though I turned it off after "again" but the letters look normal to me. When I tried earlier, everything after again would have appeared bolded. I'll check out the Crackberry forums to see if this is a known problem.

Edited because my incorrect autocorrect might not be funny to some.