Whiners (Read 503 times)

Let me say, I'm probably the biggest whiner in the group that I run with.

But, isn't ironic that you don't hear anything from the person who had open heart surgery 6 months ago. Or the person who runs on a prosthetic. Nope, it's "I got a ticket for trespassing on the rail road right of way", "I've got me first marathon next week and my (fill in the blank is stretched/broke/sagging)", or "I've been training with my heart rate monitor, what should I do".

End rant.

Get off my lawn.

Get off my porch

delicate flower

You tell 'em.

<3

joescott

You crusty old man.  I kinda like you.

By the way I have a half marathon coming up this week and my maximum aerobic capacity is sagging a bit.  What should I do!?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I had open heart surgery six months ago, and was recently fitted with a prosthetic.  Running my first marathon next week, and the rules say headphones are not allowed.  Is it okay to bring my iPod?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

xhristopher

Hey, Baboon. In your profile pic it looks like you have big hoop earrings!

Could be worse...

northernman

Fight The Future

I complain to my wife that I'm 3 pounds above my optimal racing weight. And then she punches me in the face.

I'm tapering and I wanna run more....wahhhhh.

Cool

Doc, my tooth hurts

I have to eat delicious carbs all day for 2 days. There is simply too much food and it's too difficult to eat that much. I hate my 1st world problems.

delicate flower

Hey, Baboon. In your profile pic it looks like you have big hoop earrings!

It's to distract people from my fat ugly face!

<3

xhristopher

It's to distract people from my fat ugly face!

With those ears you kinda look like a rat.

zonykel

I'm probably the biggest whiner 

guilty, carnivore, done with the HR monitor, gallowalk when I feel like it, train hard, wimp out sometimes.

But, the most important news of the day.

The B.A.A., organizer of the Boston Marathon, is issuing an invitation to participate in the 2014 Boston Marathon to official entrants in the 2013 Boston Marathon who were unable to cross the Boylston Street finish line. More than 5000 official starters were affected on Monday, April 15 at the 117th Boston Marathon when the race was stopped at 2:50 p.m. ET.

Get off my porch

#artbydmcbride

You're pretty young to be a whiny Old Man, Oldman     Big grin

Runners run

Julia1971

Continuing with your thread theme though, there are a few people on BAA's Facebook page asking them to let all 2013 runners enter for 2014 and to limit charity runners. Sad. Proof that some people can't stand to see other people get something they want. Sad.

guilty, carnivore, done with the HR monitor, gallowalk when I feel like it, train hard, wimp out sometimes.

But, the most important news of the day.

The B.A.A., organizer of the Boston Marathon, is issuing an invitation to participate in the 2014 Boston Marathon to official entrants in the 2013 Boston Marathon who were unable to cross the Boylston Street finish line. More than 5000 official starters were affected on Monday, April 15 at the 117th Boston Marathon when the race was stopped at 2:50 p.m. ET.