Hello, I'm new to RunningAhead (Read 746 times)

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I didn't join right away because of a bad experience with Cool Running. I joined and 2 months later they switched to Active. It ruined the site.
    Heh. I know what you mean. The coolrunning debacle was one of the worst weeks of my life. It was right up there with my dog and cat being put down. Okay, not really but close Tongue However, I can now say that I'm glad coolrunning is gone. RA is so much better. The community here is infinitely better not to mention the better run log.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Kimmie

WELCOME! I also was at coolrunning and kickrunning before that. I agree with the others that RA is much better... such friendly and helpful people here. I live in Virginia but I will be running a marathon near you in Feb. The Myrtle Beach Marathon.

Queen of 3rd Place

Welcome Budman! Agreed - this is a great group that has really kept me going, even if it's only to tell me to shut up and run Evil grin You might want to check out the Boomers over in User Groups if you havn't already. There are a couple of 40s groups. We don't want to bore the younguns too much when we complain about our creaky bodies or wax poetic over days past Big grin Arla

Ex runner

Thanks for everybody replying. I joined just in time for the doctor to tell my I have Peroneal Tendonitis in my right foot. Angry High arches and a weak ankle are the cause. Plenty of Ice, some rehap and maybe even custom insoles No Oh well, I will heal and be back out on the roads in no time.
            Yo!
            CathayLad.

PlodderfromMAN

Hi Budman, welcome from a runner across the atlantic in the UK, hope the injury soon heals.
              Goals. <7:45mins -="" 1="" mile=""></7:45mins><50mins -="" 10k=""></50mins><1hr 50mins="" -="" half="" marathon.(march09)=""></1hr><4hrs marathon (may09) marathon=""></4hrs marathon (may09)>