Training at seal level; Racing at altitude. (Read 221 times)

Gold medal in 3000m and new AAU West Coast JO meet record. Track was actually at 5120 feet. It definitely slowed her considerably. She ran 26 seconds slower than her pr. Tomorrow we have the 1500 and 800.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gold medal in 3000m and new AAU West Coast JO meet record. Track was actually at 5120 feet. It definitely slowed her considerably. She ran 26 seconds slower than her pr. Tomorrow we have the 1500 and 800.

Wow, that's fantastic!  Good luck tomorrow!

Just a dude.

Congratz! You've got quite the speedster there...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

an amazing likeness

Has the title of this always been "...at seal level" and I just noticed? 'cause that is some funny witticism for sea level.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Congrats on the speedster!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

How'd she do in the shorter races?

-Kelly

How'd she do in the shorter races?

-Kelly

She took silver in the 1500M and bronze in the 800M. I didn't expect her to do that well at those distances, I think the altitude helped her there. I wish they ran the 5000M in youth track, she would clean up!

Final Tally.

Gold 3000M and new meet record

Silver 1500M

Bronze 800M

---------------------

A Trifecta!

Just a dude.

She took silver in the 1500M and bronze in the 800M. I didn't expect her to do that well at those distances, I think the altitude helped her there. I wish they ran the 5000M in youth track, she would clean up!

Final Tally.

Gold 3000M and new meet record

Silver 1500M

Bronze 800M

---------------------

A Trifecta!

That's a pretty darn good weekend.

She now gets to compete at nationals?

-Kelly

That's a pretty darn good weekend.

She now gets to compete at nationals?

-Kelly

Yes, but I doubt we will go. Des Moines, Iowa is a terrible venue!

Feeling the growl again

Yes, but I doubt we will go. Des Moines, Iowa is a terrible venue!

If I qualified for Nationals, I don't think I'd care if they were hosted in Campden, NJ at 2am....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

If I qualified for Nationals, I don't think I'd care if they were hosted in Campden, NJ at 2am....

She also plays soccer on a traveling team. They have a 3 day tournament in Santa Cruz that same weekend. Given the choices, she would rather play soccer with her team in Santa Cruz that run in Des Moines. It's always her choice what she does, I'm just the chauffeur.

Feeling the growl again

It's always her choice what she does, I'm just the chauffeur.

Sounds healthy.  Glad she has so many opportunities.  And Santa Cruz IS nicer than Des Moines. Smile