2014 Goals / Resolutions (Read 360 times)

Intentionally Blank

My goal in 2013 was to just run and enjoy myself. Check!

In 2014, I want a half marathon PR, and I want to be able to do one unassisted pull-up.  Both of those are proxies for more miles and strength training.

twinkiemom

After knee and foot injuries this year, to just get back to running some 5Ks without injury.  I did my first half in 2013 and would love to train back up to one in the fall of 2014.  Lose the 20# I put on this year with injuries.

Mmmmm...beer

I nailed all of my goals for 2013, except for a sub-19 5K, but sub-20 was also my goal, so I'm still happy with that.  I think I have a sub-19 in me, but haven't run a 5k since June.

For 2014:

1. Stay healthy!

2. Sub-5:30 mile

3. Sub-19 5k

4. Sub-40 10k

5. Sub-1:25 HM

6. BQ my first marathon (3:15), we'll see how I come out of the other end of marathon training, but I think a 3:05-3:10 might be doable.

Oh, not exactly running related (but sort of is, because dropping weight will make me faster), have a six pack for the first time in my life.  Yeah, it's vain, I don't care.  After dropping 85lbs, I'm close, so might as well go for it.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Baboon

delicate flower

4)  Don't tear an ACL

+1.  :-)   I might add:  Don't damage cartilage in the bad knee.

This might be a tough goal though.  I have only achieved it twice in the last four years.

<3

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

A few goals I have for 2014:

1) Run 1,000 miles (mainly because I'll be training for my first FM in WDW January 2015

2) Set a PR in my 5K and HM times

3) Run 2 odd-ball distance races (ex. 7K, 10 miler, etc)

4) Stay injury-free

5) Race with my sister in her first HM

6) Do a relay with my wife.

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

Wow, I love this question.  For me it's a little complicated.  I'll try to stick to the Reader's Digest version.  I'm still quite the newbie.  Started running in 2011 at 53 just because I wanted to be healthy and fit.  Everything was great for about 9 or 10 months.  My longest run ever was 8.5 miles.  Then PF hit with a vengeance.  I'm still trying to get a handle on that....have run the gamut on treatments...podiatrist, chiro, PT.  There have been times I had to stop running for months...total bummer.  This past June, I was diagnosed with cancer...followed by bilateral mastectomy, chemo (which I just finished about a month ago...yaaaayyyy!!), add'l. non chemo treatments thru aug '14, and upcoming 2nd (and last) surgery next month.  I started very light running again about 10 weeks or so after surgery.  Since my stamina was severely compromised, I did run/walk intervals, but it felt so good to actually be running again, regardless of how lame I looked!  I'm still doing the intervals, but I can definitely tell how much better I feel since chemo is behind me.  So now, just as I'm feeling better, I'll be out again for a while after next surgery.  This one will be less complicated and I hope to be able to start running again about 6 weeks later.  Which brings me back to the OP...goals for 2014:  pre-PF I was doing about 18 MPW.  I'd love to be able to run painfree and increase that to about 20-25 MPW, but what I really want to do is train for and run a half.  In fact, I'm dyyyyying to do a half.  So that's my goal 

I'm not sure this was really a RD version...sorry 'bout that...

TripleBock

1)  To not care about running or training

2)  To feel no guilt about not caring about running or training

3)  Still do a couple races to enjoy the experience

Bascially to run carefree and fit it in where it fits

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

I have 43 more miles to hit my 800 mile goal for 2013!

2014 I want to run 1000, and run my first full marathon in June! My father and I have a race picked out, now just to stay injury free until after the race!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Run4moi, you have certainly faced adversity- hope you have a great year in 2014.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2014 Goals:

3 marathons before surgery

Get surgery before March

Quick recovery

Train for a big PR in the Fall (painless)

2000 miles

Damaris

Reading everyone's goals is making me soooo excited to keep running in the cold!

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

Teresadfp

One day at a time

To run at least 20 miles a week EVERY WEEK!

To run a half marathon in October with a bunch of ladies from RA.

To lose weight and keep it off.

To not compare myself to other runners.

CT JEFF

To run at least 20 miles a week EVERY WEEK!

To run a half marathon in October with a bunch of ladies from RA.

To lose weight and keep it off.

To not compare myself to other runners.

Great goals all! I love reading them and the challenges all have overcome already.

I like this last goal. I recently read a post where someone wanted to know why her friend with the "same body type" although 30 lbs lighter was able to go so much faster when she "hadn't trained as hard" as she had. This seemed the epitome of comparing yourself at your own detriment. My response was that, personally, I don't feel I will be as fast as some runners ever. I haven't been doing this as long, and I'm just getting older. But I'm also faster than some will ever be, due to injury, age, whatever. Considering those two things, I try to improve myself and I feel blessed that I can see results when I put in more effort. And I feel blessed that I am able to stay mostly injury free. Best wishes to all on reaching your goals while keeping things in balance.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

since 2013 was a bust injury wise -- first a bruised knee in the spring, and now hamstring tendinosis since August -- I really hope to be on the roads again very soon in 2014.

jeffdonahue

2014 Goals

• Run a marathon (and PR at it - sub 3:36:52)  - it'll have been 4 years now since I have run a marathon
                                • Run 2,000 miles
                                • 5k PR (sub 18:52)
                                • PR at Falmouth Road Race (sub 49:24)
                                • run 52 13.1 milers during the year