Do you actually wear your race shirts? (Read 1154 times)

uncontrollable

Sometimes - made a quilt with 5 years worth of my favorites to make room in my drawer! It's great.

peace

I regularly wear them for training. Most of the races around here offer pretty decent tech shirts. We got cotton tshirts at the local HM in Sept and everyone was pretty pissed about it.
      mikeymike

I wear 'em. Why not? Cotton t's for yardwork or hanging around, some of the nicer long-sleeve cotton t's for wearing around...tech t's for running. My wife wears my cotton t's for pajamas also. My kids use them for painting smocks, etc. I ran in my 2008 Boston Marathon shirt this morning--it's my favorite long sleeve.

Runners run

Have one on right now!
            Sure. Same as others. Tech shirts for running. I used to wear the cotton ones around the house and whatnot but now my daughter has absconded with them all and uses them for pajamas.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I do wear my race shirts although I have given away over 100 shirts to friends, mostly bike enthusiasts like Francis S, my musician friend from Trinidad.
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                I guess I'm the original poster who got upset over my shirt. So yes, I do wear all 6 of mine. I can rotate them quite nicely into work uniforms, or around the house, and I even have 2 I can wear with shorts or jeans out in public. I think I may have actually had one on today now that I think about it. I'm even salivating over the concept that I might actually run a race one day that has tech shirts! That will bring my tech shirt count up to 4
                  There's a race I run every single year because I like the shirt so much. Around here some of the races have switched their shirts from cotton to tech, and YIKES the tech shirts are made of sandpaper! If they don't wreck my nipples, they rub somewhere else. I'd rather run in cotton!
                  seeEricaRun

Awesome

I'm also 5'1, and find even the smalls a bit large. I'll wear them the day of the race (can't buck tradition). Sometimes, I sleep in them. If I'm in a grungy running clothes mood, I'll wear one with an ancient pair of shorts. I went through a phase for a while where I was modifying them - cutting off the collar, the bottoms and cutting the sleeves into cap sleeves. They were a little easier to wear around that way, but I have plenty of shirts I don't have to modify, so I've lost the energy. Mostly they sit in a box at my parents' house. I'm hoping to eventually get enough to insulate my attic.