graphing long vs easy (Read 1058 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Simplify was in quotes for a reason! Wink
      Here is the formula for deciding whether a run is long or not... 4. Multiply AMPRQ by pi and divide by 2. This is your long run equivalency constant (LREC)...
      That's just one of the useful ways to get a decent LREC. E.g. 4a. Multiply AMPRQ by the Golden Ratio (phi). 4b. Convert AMPRQ from miles to kilometers. Use that number for your LREC. 4c. Multiply AMPRQ by Ramanujan's Number and divide by 1000. I prefer 4c, myself, just because I smile when I think of it. Now that I think about it, my earlier post suggesting to just look at the graph to see what's long might not always work. The other day I did 12 easy miles in the morning and another 9.5 easy in the afternoon. You can't see the difference between that and a 21.5 miler on my graph, the details are in the workouts. Ok, so not completely OT, but how do you folks "encode" workouts of the same type on the same day so that you can see at a glance from the graph that there is more than 1 run there?
      Scout7

After much debate, and a desire to really simplify how I track things, I stopped labeling runs as long, and went with easy, medium, and hard. I'm finding this to be much more useful to me, since the mileage is readily apparent, anyway.

Lazy idiot

Ok, so not completely OT, but how do you folks "encode" workouts of the same type on the same day so that you can see at a glance from the graph that there is more than 1 run there?
          Have a run type called "Double". Or if you prefer, "Easy/Med/Hard/Tempo/etc Double". Give it a different color, and you're good to go.

Tick tock

Mishka-old log

After much debate, and a desire to really simplify how I track things, I stopped labeling runs as long, and went with easy, medium, and hard. I'm finding this to be much more useful to me, since the mileage is readily apparent, anyway.
            ...if you run singles. Adding "double" as an option in addition to the easy/med/hard thing would make it obvious when a tall bar is made up of 1 or 2 runs.

Non ducor, duco.

I just joined this club too. I think it's required if you are a Mikey groupie. Im really wondering what the heck medium is supposed to be.
              mikeymike

I just joined this club too. I think it's required if you are a Mikey groupie. Im really wondering what the heck medium is supposed to be.
                An easy run that's too long to be easy but too short to be hard? Or an easy run where you decided to kick it in for the last few miles? Or an easy run where you challenged some kids on bmx bikes to race you a third of a mile to the end of the street? Basically for me it's any run that's not really a workout but was hard enough to require some recovery. And I've always wanted groupies. That's like the coolest thing ever.

Runners run

mikeymike

Oh, also, I don't bother distinguishing between two runs of the same kind on the same day. Eh, mileage and duration is all I'm worried about.

Runners run

Scout7

Oh, also, I don't bother distinguishing between two runs of the same kind on the same day. Eh, mileage and duration is all I'm worried about.
                    Me either. Mostly because I don't really look at the graph for anything other than total daily mileage. If I want more detail, I look at the calendar. Medium is based on how I feel. It's more like a tempo run. *snerk*
                      ...if you run singles. Adding "double" as an option in addition to the easy/med/hard thing would make it obvious when a tall bar is made up of 1 or 2 runs.
                      Yep, that works for me now, but how can one make sure that the runs are graphed (vertically) in time sequence? My "Easy 2nd run" seems to want to be first (at the bottom of the graph's daily bar).
                      mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Yep, that works for me now, but how can one make sure that the runs are graphed (vertically) in time sequence? My "Easy 2nd run" seems to want to be first (at the bottom of the graph's daily bar).
                        Same thing happens to me - even though I put in the time of each workout type, my graphs come up as "Warmup" on the bottom, then "Cooldown" in the middle, then "Easy" on the top (and I don't do tmy cooldown right after my warmup Wink). Don't know why this happens, but know at least that you're not alone.
                        winkba

How do you change the "types" of runs available in your drop down? Mine does not have medium or cool down, etc. Another question. Do you count your cool down period as part of the run? During this period I usually walk at a brisk pace then slow it down and have not logged it in the past. (I must say, viewing the logs of the "regulars" on here has really motivated me and given me a reality check into being more serious about getting my runs in... I'll save the excuses for another day.) Thanks in advance!!
                          winkba

ok, so I found the place to add run types, color coding etc. Blush