Internet Explorer 7 (Read 1719 times)

I'm in with my account-  can look at my log, see all my groups etc., but can't post.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I can post, if I adjust the relevant IE security zone.

Alt-T (tools), Internet Options, Security, Internet, Custom Level, Scripting->Active Scripting->Enable

This is only a diagnostic step. This actually weakens security across the entire Internet zone.

If this fixes your problem, you're better off undoing this change, and moving www.runningahead.com into your Trusted Sites zone instead.

Footnote: AFAIK, RunningAHEAD does not use java at all. It uses client-side javascript, which is a scripting language unrelated to java. The IE security zone setting "Active Scripting" is relevant to client-side javascript.

(RunningAHEAD also uses serverside ASP.NET, as can be seen in the client side source if one is familiar with ASP.NET, but that is not necessarily relevant to client-side debugging.)

Caveat: I don't think RA worked without scripting before, so this really doesn't work as an explanation if it worked up until the site redesign this past weekend.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I had this problem too (only started today) but adding the site to my trusted site zone has fixed it!

Thanks!

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

kcam

I had this problem last night with Firefox (running XP).  I closed FF and loaded IE and I could post/reply.  Right now, I'm at work running Firefox (Windows2000) and, obviously, no problem posting.
          ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

No problem with IE7 but FF 3.5.7 won't let me post, any idea on where to chagne the setting?

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Just read the Update thread and pressed CTRL-R and it now works, duh

Here are the key combinations for three browsers:

If the forum post editor's background is dark blue, you need to force a refresh to load in the new changes:

- Internet Explorer: Ctrl-F5

- Firefox: Ctrl-R

- Safari: Option-Cmd-R

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Nothing is working. My IT guys are shrugging their shoulders.

eric :)

Nothing is working. My IT guys are shrugging their shoulders.

That's a clue!  Have you tried it on your home computer?  If you're having problems with your work computer, it is very likely that your company's proxy server is caching the old files.  It doesn't matter how many times you refresh your browser, the proxy server will continue to serve old files until it refreshes its cache.

Works fine at home with FF on my home computer. Must be he cache on the server here. Wonder when they clear it?

eric :)

Works fine at home with FF on my home computer. Must be he cache on the server here. Wonder when they clear it?

I'll look into versioning all the files so that every time I make a new release, the files will have a different name, which will ensure they won't be in the cache and thus this problem won't happen again.

Eric- Interestingly, I am on another computer at the company and it is working, so it has to be something with my computer.  Stay tuned.  My wonderful, great 2nd level IT person will work on it!