It's as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced... I fear something terrible has happened. (Read 961 times)

xhristopher

Disney? Maybe they will re-do the classics...

Episode 4: Snow White and the Seven Droids
    Episode 5: The Emperor's New Groovy Death Star
    Episode 6: 101 Ewoks

Feeling the growl again

I shudder at the premonition of a Disney-produced Star Wars leaning towards more Jar Jar Binks idiocy.  I'm as much of a Star Wars fan as the next person of my generation, but I could have gone my whole life without seeing that particular flick.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm thinking the opposite of most people. i think this will be the best ting to happen to the Star Wars franchise. Can't get any worse than episodes 1-3. 

I'm thinking the opposite of most people. i think this will be the best ting to happen to the Star Wars franchise. Can't get any worse than episodes 1-3. 

Indeed, and of course how ever many crappy movies they make it won't change the original ones.

Watching Skyfall last night reminded me that long running franchises can produce good movies (they can also produce turkeys, of course). 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Agreed (although I for one think Episode III is almost completely on par with the OT -- I rank it third on my list behind V and IV).

I'm not panicking here because Disney handled the Pixar acquisition so well (by basically letting Pixar be Pixar).  Also, Marvel Studios is a self-contained unit within Disney (in much the same way that Lucasfilm will be), and no one is thinking Disney screwed up The Avengers.  Kathleen Kennedy, the current Lucasfilm co-chair who will run the new Disney Lucasfilm, has produced "a few" big movies in her time, so I think she's up to the task.

One interesting note is that the story outlines for Episode VII, VIII, and IX are actually coming from Lucas, although he won't be writing the films himself.  I saw somewhere that these will be original stories, not  extended universe (EU) -- in other words, this won't be Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy that recovering geeks like myself read back in the 1990s.  Personally, I checked out of the Star Wars EU years ago (I'll occasionally read prequel- and original trilogy- era books since they're about characters that I care about) so I'm not at all bothered by this. Wouldn't mind seeing a few nods to the EU, but I won't be upset if there's no relation.

This will be a day long remembered....

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

What?  You didn't like the wooden acting and terrible writting of Episodes 1-3?  I don't believe what I'm hearing.  Anakin, you're breaking my heart.

Actually, this was my favorite... "I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere; not like here where everything is soft and... smooth."

(That's such a bad line you need Jedi powers to score with it)

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/10/30/kevin-smith-discusses-disneys-acquisition-of-star-wars/

have enjoyed their Marvel offerings to date, hopefully it'll continue for future Star Wars episodes.

p.s. in case you forgot, there's only one cinematic 'Return'...

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3 words: Marvel. Joss Whedon. (OK, so that's 1 word and a name...technicalities)

All you doubters can leave, now.  A Whedon SW film would be epic in every sense of the word.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

Episode 4: Snow White and the Seven Droids  

Tiefsa

No doubt!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

3 words: Marvel. Joss Whedon. (OK, so that's 1 word and a name...technicalities)

All you doubters can leave, now.  A Whedon SW film would be epic in every sense of the word.

Avengers 2 is slated for 2015.  Whedon can't do 'em both.  

Would also love to see Jjabrams (if you write it like that it looks like a Star Wars name) or Peter Jackson, but they're obviously busy with Star Trek and Hobbit.  Not sure if Kevin Smith would be the right choice for the genre, but given his unabashed love for all things Star Wars, he would certainly treat the material with respect.  Christopher Nolan could take it to the dark side.

There's also a fella by the name of Spielberg who was Lucas' first choice for Jedi, but was unable to do it at the time...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's also a fella by the name of Spielberg who was Lucas' first choice for Jedi, but was unable to do it at the time...

Ha, I pointed out Spielberg to DH and his response was essentially "fuck that shit, I don't want any friggin' looks of *wonderment* in a SW movie!"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha, I pointed out Spielberg to DH and his response was essentially "fuck that shit, I don't want any friggin' looks of *wonderment* in a SW movie!"

Heh, true, but I'd take looks of wonderment over the prequels' looks of wood-carved statues...