Hmm new running watch (Read 145 times)

This might be a way to go if it had gps.  I'm still looking for a replacement for the Moto Active.  I wished they had made that thing water proof.  Loved that watch.

http://beatnow.com/

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

jfa

Pretty cool.

How much $$ ?

Pretty cool.

How much $$ ?

Good question.  No clue.  Just found it interesting and disappointing it does not have gps.  I really would like to get a new running watch with Music and GPS.  You would think Nike would have this market cornered by now.

• Sub 22  5K

It has a "Distance Mode"...if it isn't using GPS, do you know what it is using to track distance?

It has a "Distance Mode"...if it isn't using GPS, do you know what it is using to track distance?

I suppose you won't care about distance once you get lost in the music.

I'd love to have that red ring circling my hand when I run :-)

npaden

From the site.

The Beat watch is the brains of the operation. It holds your music and wirelessly connects to a stride sensor in your shoe, a heart rate monitor around your chest and the Beat ring around your finger. It can also connect to bluetooth headphones or you can plug in any headphones that use a standard 3.5mm jack.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

TJoseph

It seems like it would be easy to accidently make the hand gestures while running and pause your music by mistake.

It seems like it would be easy to accidently make the hand gestures while running and pause your music by mistake.

See I actually think that is not a bad idea.  I'm hoping/guessing if you don't want the hand gestures stuff you don't have to have the ring on.  However, I turn off any hand gesture stuff for like the iPhone or Ipod because it is too easy to trigger it.  By having to hold the ring button in before making the gesture I think is a pretty good idea.

• Sub 22  5K