MIZUNO WAVE INSPIRE QUESTIONS (Read 1616 times)

Hi all, I want some opinions on the Mizuno Wave Inspire (4 or 5’s) before I give them a try/buy. I currently have three pairs of Asics (1120/1130/1140) all size 9.5M. I like Asics – but want to test other brands of light/moderate stability shoes. 1. Do Mizuno shoes run big compared to Asics (i.e. should I get size 9 or 9.5)? 2. How is the cushioning of these shoes (compare to the 1130/1140’s)? 3. What’s the durability of the Inspire 4/5’s? I get about 350 to 400 from the Asics. I'm looking for opinions/experiences with the Mizuno Inspire shoes - I’ve already tried NB, Brooks, and Nikes. Thanks in advance!
      I can't give any specific advice on the Wave Inspire, but last year I switched from the Asics Gel-Kayano 12 to the Mizuno Wave Creation 9, and I've been very happy with the switch. As far as sizing, the brands seem to run the same size (I wear an 11 in both Asics and Mizuno). Again, I can't speak for the Wave Inspires, but my Wave Creations have slightly more cushioning than my older Asics Gel-Kayanos. And the durability of each shoe seems to be pretty much the same for me. Hopefully, someone else can answer your questions more directly, but maybe this can give you an idea. Good luck.
        1. I RUN IN THE SAME SIZE FOR BOTH INSPIRE AND ASICS GT21X0. 2. I LIKE THEM. VERY SIMILAR TO THE GT21X0. 3. SEEM DECENT ENOUGH POSSIBLY EVEN MORE THAN ASICS BUT I'M A SUCKER FOR THAT NEW SHOE SMELL SO I PROBABLY DON'T ALWAYS GET EVERY LAST MILE FROM MY SHOES. However, soliciting shoe advice from strangers is dangerous and not recommended. Your mileage may vary.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I have two different pairs of Inspires approaching 800 miles.
          corland

Inspires are all I run in now. 400 + per pair - I weigh 180lbs but do a lot of treadmill running I've been told they're a little more suited for people with lower arches

...---...

1. I RUN IN THE SAME SIZE FOR BOTH INSPIRE AND ASICS GT21X0. 2. I LIKE THEM. VERY SIMILAR TO THE GT21X0. 3. SEEM DECENT ENOUGH POSSIBLY EVEN MORE THAN ASICS BUT I'M A SUCKER FOR THAT NEW SHOE SMELL SO I PROBABLY DON'T ALWAYS GET EVERY LAST MILE FROM MY SHOES. However, soliciting shoe advice from strangers is dangerous and not recommended. Your mileage may vary.
              +1 on the above. My Asic 2140 feels better cushioned in the heel to me but by far, the Inspire is my favorite running shoe. It's the only one I've bought as a repeat. MTA: I have "normal" arches.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses. I’m going to order the 4’s tomorrow! I believe the Inspire 4’s have a little bit more stability than the 1140’s? Can’t beat the price ($60.00 at Running Warehouse). “makers” said he has two pairs with almost 800 miles! I’m a 170lbs – so if I can get 400 out of them I’ll be happy. The 4’s will be in the rotation with the 1140’s – so it will be a good comparison. Thanks again everyone...
                  I also have completely flat feet. No arch. FWIW.

Imminent Catastrophe

+1 on the above. My Asic 2140 feels better cushioned in the heel to me but by far, the Inspire is my favorite running shoe. It's the only one I've bought as a repeat.
                    I'll have to try those, maybe they'll have a deal at the ING expo. The Asics 21XX series has gone downhill.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

UPDATE! Well right before I ordered the Inspire 4's, I thought that maybe I should film myself running on a treadmill and submit it to running warehouse for an analysis. You can do this by following the following link: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/LearningCenter/?video=FOOT05 Turns out that I have a Neutral foot strike so I can wear a light stability shoe (like my 1140's) or a neutral shoe like the Wave Riders. I decided to give the Wave Rider 11's a try ($59.95). Last night I went for a 5 mile run and the shoes felt great, very light with just the right amount of cushioning. The riders seem slightly larger than my 1140s – but not enough to warrant buying a half size smaller. I hope they last as long as Asics? Also, I'm a regular reader of the “Half-Fast” blog and he made the comment that “Mizunos sucks.” You can read his post at: http://www.half-fast.org/2009/03/i-would-run-600-miles.html Half-Fast didn't qualify why he thinks this. In fact, most of the reviews I've seen, give the Wave Riders 11’s and 12s good marks. I will give an update once I get some more miles on them. Thanks again!
                        Also, I'm a regular reader of the “Half-Fast” blog and he made the comment that “Mizunos sucks.” You can read his post at: http://www.half-fast.org/2009/03/i-would-run-600-miles.html
                        Which would mean Mizunos aren't great for him but they're good for someone else. When will people realize that different shoes fit different people in different ways? I have two pairs of Mizunos with 800 miles. I have one pair with 400+ that still feel close to new. I have one pair with 100 that seems to be straight out of the box. I might wear out Asics or Brooks at 400 miles, but someone else could get 1000 miles out of them. Pet peeve of mine. The world doesn't revolve around this guys feet.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Which would mean Mizunos aren't great for him but they're good for someone else. When will people realize that different shoes fit different people in different ways? I have two pairs of Mizunos with 800 miles. I have one pair with 400+ that still feel close to new. I have one pair with 100 that seems to be straight out of the box. I might wear out Asics or Brooks at 400 miles, but someone else could get 1000 miles out of them. Pet peeve of mine. The world doesn't resolve around this guys feet.
                          Yep. I like the fit of my one pair of Mizuno (the Wave Inspire 4, as a matter of fact), but they really pissed-off my shins. That doesn't mean that this shoe--or Mizunos--suck, they just don't work for me. Some people think New Balance shoes suck, but they are the only brand that reliably fits me well and works well for me. Different strokes for different folks and all. I will say that Mizuno makes some awesome running clothes, though. All of their stuff fits me well and is very thoughtfully designed for runners. I don't think there's one other brand that I like as well in terms of running apparel.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I'm going to write on my blog that mizunos do not suck. I like them. I'd love them if I could get more than 300 miles out of a pair. I won't marry them though.