Girls night out tonight- long run tomorrow (Read 866 times)

Half Fanatic #846

GO WITH NUMBER 2. It's not an "all or none" thing. Have one drink, part of a drink, just sip on a drink, or no drinks; plenty of water and enjoy the friendship, then run your 18 miler with more of your friends in the morning. Cool

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Baby bean!

I'm probably the odd one here, I don't drink. I do have girl's nights though, but I have fun without drinking Big grin...anyway, I would say go with #2. I bet you would still have lots of fun!!!!!!
      I ditto this! Plus, it's a cheaper night without the alcohol! Wink And it's better for your skin! Plus, you can always go out tomorrow night, too!

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Another Passion

I'm just wonderin' if your drunk yet? Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Kimmie

I think the answer is yes, I am currently under the influence. I have no willpower whatsoever..... The run will or will not happen tomorrow.
            I second Kimmie. You're going to skip a run eventually, and inebriation is the foundation of every good friendship. Also, I am drunk, and tomorrow's long run may potentially be postponed...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Kimmie

For anyone who may care, I did my 18 miler this morning and it was awesome. totally worth going out Friday and making the long run happen on Sunday instead. Thanks for the input.
                good on you! and I (sympathetically) drank piles of sparkling white last night, had fun with friends and even more fun with DH and had a wonderfully crappy 18 4 mile run this morning - gorgeous, sunny, fluffy cloud morning now the trick is can I do it again (big wedding party tonight) A

Recalculating...

Bugs

I'm an all or nothing type of person so, it's either don't go or go PARTY. My present mindset would cause me to skip the party.
                  This is my favorite answer! Honestly, I wouldn't go. Probably one of the reasons all my friends are runners.

Bugs

For anyone who may care, I did my 18 miler this morning and it was awesome. totally worth going out Friday and making the long run happen on Sunday instead. Thanks for the input.
                    I'm glad you were able to switch it up to Sunday and still go out Friday night. I've only been running for 2 years but I used to have this problem all the time as well. Now I just never make plans for a Friday night! It makes for a boring Friday night, but a great Saturday morning! Two of the worst runs I've ever had were after drinking the night before. Bob
                    redleaf

That's great!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362