National Marathon Race Report (Late but very long) (Read 577 times)

Best Present Ever

Baltimore isn't all that bad. Cool I'm running the Baltimore 10-miler in June. The starting point is about a 10 minute walk from my apartment, so how could I not! It's a nice course, lake to lake. Ya'll should think about it. I have an extra couch...
    Baltimore at least as bad as everyone thinks! I lived there while in grad school for 4 years. I loved that the urban medical campus I was on had security officers stationed in little booths around the perimeter so that it was safe to walk between the school of hygiene, nursing, medicine and the hospital. I used to park several blocks from school where there was plenty of free parking (since so many of the row houses were condemned), and would often find a group of what I called "entrepreneurial young men" sitting on the car when I came back. I do like running the Baltimore Half, though, especially now that the course goes around Lake Montebello again. Sounds like we'll get another RA meet up at the RIchmond Marathon.
    Kimmie

Congrats Ben. Love reading reports like that. I am thinking about running Richmond too. I haven't decided yet.
      MrH

Nice report and great race. I wonder if the blossom had come out by the time I finished reading it? Wink
        The blossom comes out for about 30 minutes. It probably had come and gone by the end of the race. Miraculously, two million Japanese tourists show up to take pictures of the blossom. They must be hiding on the tour buses waiting for the signal.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

I thought 'the blossom' was a euphemism. Then I remembered that we were talking about DC. (I don't want to see that other blossom come out) Then of course, there's Blossom.

Hey, nice marmot!

I am thinking about running Richmond too. I haven't decided yet.
            You really ought to. For the children and all. You don't hate children, do you?!? Besides, all the cool kids are gonna be there. If you don't show, people will probably talk. Just sayin'. A partial list, so far: myself- most likely mamaofthree theyappear66- First Marathon! AmoresPerros- slightly tempted srlopez* *didn't actually commit to running it in '09, but he has run it in the past, which ought to count for something.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens