I know the answer, I just need to hear it... (Read 380 times)

Prince of Fatness

Nonsense. Back in the olden days, when we used to walk two miles, uphill both ways just to get on RA, arguments were frequent, grand, and glorious (I'm sure one of the RA archivists could come up with some great examples of knock-down drag-outs).  They were tremendously entertaining.  For example, a simple mention that women who wear running skirt are less interested in being competitive and more interested in how they look on their 17 min/mi shuffle, would lead to countless pages of screeching and throwing of pre-jog mascara wands.

Quit trying to stir things up, chief.

Not at it at all. 

Joann Y

I have to say that I have recently been on a pre-jog mascara kick. Is that wrong?

I have to say that I have recently been on a pre-jog mascara kick. Is that wrong?

Do you even run, brah?

Joann Y

Do you even run, brah?

False dichotomy.

(yes! finally my chance to sound smart!)

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Wait.

Who are you calling "smarts" and who are you calling "wisdom" in this false dichotomy? I need to know how to be offended.

Well, you did say "squirmish", buddy....Ha!

Now, to offend more people:

Mostly, when runners are "young" in their running career, it's about the smarts.  At least, it was with me.  I was looking at tables with VMax, VDot, and that stupd shi...stuff.  I thought knowing all that stuff would me make faster.  It didn't.

As runners get "older", it starts to become more about the wisdom.  Run lots.  Mostly easy, sometimes hard.  I mean, isn't that what has science really told us?  But as Jeff pointed out, we don't really need scientists for that.

Anyway, I'm just rehashing a lot of the same stuff we've discussed.  Let's talk about women in skirts.  It doesn't have to be exclusive to runners in skirts either.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

would lead to countless pages of screeching and throwing of pre-jog mascara wands.

Hey boss lady, do you keep your pre-jog mascara in a different purse than your pre-race makeup?

Ready, go.

.  Let's talk about women in skirts.  It doesn't have to be exclusive to runners in skirts either.

I know a man who runs in skirts, pink ones at that.  maybe we can discuss his motivation for doing that.

Joann Y

I know a man who runs in skirts, pink ones at that.  maybe we can discuss his motivation for doing that.

Honestly, I rather hear about women in skirts than men in skirts. Thank you.

Kalsarikännit

Hey boss lady, do you keep your pre-jog mascara in a different purse than your pre-race makeup?

The joggy mascara goes in my big bouncy fanny pack, my 5k racing mascara goes in my hydration pack.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Latin treatises sometimes used the word mascara when referring to witches.

Wikipedia tol' me so.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

#artbydmcbride

Would that be for an all chick race, or do you eschew those?

Runners run

Joann Y

Ooh. Just typed the word askew into google. Ha!

bhearn

Honestly, I rather hear about women in skirts than men in skirts. Thank you.

I'm offended.

Joann Y

I'm offended.

If you don't like it you don't have to read it, big guy.