Blue Screen (Read 674 times)

ud32

Everytime I plug my Garmin into the USB port on the computer the scrren goes all blue and displays a long error message that takes up the entire screen. Any idea what is going on and what needs to be done to fix it ??

eric :)

Sounds like you have the same problem as this thread:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/edd83bf7f04b47bc98e89d7a46a071ba

Ann-V provides a link to a possible fix in the same thread.

ud32

Yikes - I am so not a "tech person" that 4+ page thread has my head spinning ?? Any step by step process I can try ??

markc123

Mine crashes in IE but not Google Chrome, so I just use that. Make sure you have updated the Garmin USB drivers as well.

an amazing likeness

Yikes - I am so not a "tech person" that 4+ page thread has my head spinning ?? Any step by step process I can try ??

First thing I'd do is run the Garmin WebUpdater (from Garmin's site)  to verify that the Garmin software installed is current and working.

Then use the Garmin Communicator Test (from Garmin's site) to test the communication with the device.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

uninstall your garmin usb driver. 

go to garmin.com and reinstall the garmin usb driver. (I found it faster by googling "Windows 7 garmin usb driver"

I have not had the blue screen of death since

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7