A question to ask advid runners (Read 517 times)

Alecm152

So I have an APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) coming up in October. I need to be able to run 2 miles in 15:54. At the moment, my best output is about 18 minutes. I havent done any routine running in the past 3 months so my time slipped away. ( I noticed when we took a company diagnostic PT) Does anyone have any methods or tips to whip me back in to shape and lower my time down?
    ymmv

So I have an APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) coming up in October. I need to be able to run 2 miles in 15:54. At the moment, my best output is about 18 minutes. I havent done any routine running in the past 3 months so my time slipped away. ( I noticed when we took a company diagnostic PT) Does anyone have any methods or tips to whip me back in to shape and lower my time down?

Doing a lot of routine running is what works for me. It does not even matter how slow. 

I'd recommend spending 1 hour per day propelling yourself on your feet (walking/jogging) for 6 days a week. Control your weight. Unless you try to run too fast, soon you will be able to run slowly for the whole hour. Even if you never run any faster than that before October, I'd bet that you could easily pass the APFT then.