Race Eve Dinner? (Read 539 times)

Needs more cowbell!

What do you typically eat the night before a race? I've done the pasta thing, but tonite was craving french toast, so we had that made with whole wheat bread and a few strips of center cut bacon. Hit the spot. I will probably have 2 leftover slices of french toast for breakfast along with a banana and coffee. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

normally pasta with something tomatoey, occasionally casserole and rice or sausage and mash? anything filling really. good luck tomorrow!!!!

Needs more cowbell!

Thanks! I must admit that I am really looking forward to not having the pressure of this race looming, heh. Next "big" race isn't until Sept. (half marathon). k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

muse_runner

keep running.

depending on what kind of race... before a 5k only midly hog-wild Sad 10k if i have it in me i go hog wild 1/2 marathons I just go out to dinner and eat and drink whatever i want. this tactic works great for me Smile
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
            I've been having pizza the night before, pasta two nights before. Although this past time I had a Gyro and a little pasta the night before and pizza two nights before, I felt great the entire race. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll test that combo for another race. Confused

Michelle